Hardened diff pins (blank bits): Where to buy??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepiper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I broke a diff pin a few weeks ago, replaced with a stock one. Ever since, I've been trying to locate drill bit blanks with 2.25 diameter, but can't find anything available in Canada. I ordered some bits from grainger, not blanks though, figuring I can at least make a couple pins from them. I couldn't make an account with them, placed an ordered, no update and they didn't respond to my emails...so that might be buggered. I found some on McMaster, blank bits too, and after placing the order, I got some BS email that is too complex to setup the order and ship it to me, so now I'm SOL again. Has anyone found anywhere else to buy them, or even pre-made pins, but of higher quality?

I had the same response from McMaster, just too much effort to ship an order that's only worth about $25.00 . I did manage to find some drill bits from China that are holding up so far and shipping from China is much faster than from the USA at less than 1/4 the cost.

Look for #43 drill bits... 2.26mm diameter and they work fine. I haven't had to buy them (just ask the guys at work to toss me their scrap drill bits) but Spaenaur may be an option. There are probably lots of other cutting tool suppliers that will sell to the public and numeric drill bits will make the search much easier.

Look for #43 drill bits... 2.26mm diameter and they work fine. I haven't had to buy them (just ask the guys at work to toss me their scrap drill bits) but Spaenaur may be an option. There are probably lots of other cutting tool suppliers that will sell to the public and numeric drill bits will make the search much easier.
Found some locally, but not blanks, so most of these bits will be wasted.

Went through this already looking for hardened drill blanks. Here's what I found after ordering 10 2.25mm blanks from McMaster Carr.

Anyone in Canada that is looking for a source for these? They are a Canadian distributor for Ohio Drill & Tool, somewhat of a Canadian McMaster-Carr for hardware like this. Drill Services UK did some leg work for me and just got this contact this morning after ordering from McMaster-Carr and had a very good experience with them. Cheers

S.B. Simpson
16 Rutherford Road South
Brampton, Ontario
L6W3J1
Tel: (905) 459-1312
[email protected]

Went through this already looking for hardened drill blanks. Here's what I found after ordering 10 2.25mm blanks from McMaster Carr.

Anyone in Canada that is looking for a source for these? They are a Canadian distributor for Ohio Drill & Tool, somewhat of a Canadian McMaster-Carr for hardware like this. Drill Services UK did some leg work for me and just got this contact this morning after ordering from McMaster-Carr and had a very good experience with them. Cheers

S.B. Simpson
16 Rutherford Road South
Brampton, Ontario
L6W3J1
Tel: (905) 459-1312
[email protected]
The local place said the could order from McMaster. With rhe finished bits I bought, I should be okay making 12 pin from the bits.

The local place said the could order from McMaster. With rhe finished bits I bought, I should be okay making 12 pin from the bits.

The blanks from McMaster-Carr are very nice and probably more affordable than ordering yourself if your local shop can bring some in.

Or… if anybody has Dremel bit attachments that are for the smaller 2.30mm diameter collet, they’re almost a perfect fit much tighter tolerance and much stronger (depending on what brand you go with).

Back