Granite BLX 3s 4x4 tire upgrade ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymi24

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi All,
New to the RC world and I just picked up a new Granite BLX 3s 4x4 and I am looking to swap out tires/wheels for the snow. I know this has 14mm hex and there are not many options for that size so I am thinking of doing the 12mm conversion. I know there is a 17mm conversion also but that would mean the wheel/tire size would be going up to 3.8 which I believe I would have to re gear for ? My next question is do I have to worry about wheel offset or will any 12mm hex 2.8 wheel/tire combo work ? The reason I ask is because some of them I see say "for rear".
Any suggestions on tires for the snow for this truck ?
Any input is greatly appreciated and I appologize for all the question but I am new to this whole thing. Thanks

Thank you very much for those. Informative and I guess I could go 17mm

check this video..

I’ve seen those videos a few times but this time I noticed that’s @Rich Duperbash ’s Granite didn’t have the centerdriveshaft bearing (the one that constrains the shaft from whipping). Rich, did you have it removed or did it not come with one?

My Granite BLX 3s doesn't have the centershaft bearing either. That only comes on the Senton platform I believe. My guess is Arrma didn't think the Granite needed a center bearing since it was so short, the Senton is longer.

For snow your best bet will always be paddle tires. Not sure what wheels you should use though as I am not sure what the offset is on the Granite. But these are Proline Sandpaws https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Line-S...55de495:g:8r4AAOSw~R1bOUIB:rk:1:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

I would think it runs around the same offset as the Stampede 4x4 so if converting to 12mm hex these should work https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxa...956472f:g:ArAAAOSwBNdbrAml:rk:4:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

I have a set of Duratrax Hatchet MT 2.8 with 1/2 in offset that I have to put on my Granite. I've already measured for clearance and even set them on the axles to make sure they would clear once I get the 12mm hexes.

I've never ran an RC in the snow, but I have seen videos with those paddle tires, they work pretty good.

I have a set of Duratrax Hatchet MT 2.8 with 1/2 in offset that I have to put on my Granite. I've already measured for clearance and even set them on the axles to make sure they would clear once I get the 12mm hexes.

I've never ran an RC in the snow, but I have seen videos with those paddle tires, they work pretty good.
I'm sure you can find Sand Paws premounted for the Stampede 4x4.

And as a side note I noticed that Duratrax now has wheels specifically for the Arrma 4x4, they even have 14mm hex.

I'm sure you can find Sand Paws premounted for the Stampede 4x4.

And as a side note I noticed that Duratrax now has wheels specifically for the Arrma 4x4, they even have 14mm hex.

Dynamite also makes 14mm hex wheels (at least the pre mounted sets are). And every model comes with an adapter to make them 12mm. I have a set of Speedtreads Vindicator on my Redcat Blackout XTE pro. The rubber is not to soft they have not wore that much, they do get good grip on road or off road.

Dynamite also makes 14mm hex wheels (at least the pre mounted sets are). And every model comes with an adapter to make them 12mm. I have a set of Speedtreads Vindicator on my Redcat Blackout XTE pro. The rubber is not to soft they have not wore that much, they do get good grip on road or off road.
The only Dynamite tires I have ever tried are the Dynamite Shootouts Speedtreads MT and they are by far the absolute worst tires I have ever used. The compound feels more like plastic than rubber, I've seriously had toy grade tires that were better than these, they do not get traction in anything at all, there were no foams in the tires and the wheels and tires are a proprietary size ~3.9" as well. These tires left a very salty taste in my mouth so I avoid Dynamite tires like the plague. Those Vindicators look really nice though.

-edit- Dynamite must have made a bunch of new tires since I last looked. Now I wonder how these are https://www.horizonhobby.com/cars-a...trade;-1-8-trigger-trade;-mounted-(2)-dyn8268

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back