Going the Maxx 4s 1/10th route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
I’ve been looking for something other than an Arrma and research kept pointing me towards the Maxx. Haven’t decided where to buy it just yet, but I pulled the trigger on the Vitavon goodies, Savox 2270sg servo, Max8 G2 system.

My best bet is just buying the required parts off of JenRC and building one to my liking. RTRs cannot be trusted as most parts go to the charity bin once I rip them apart out of the box anyways.

Any words of wisdom?

I’ve been looking for something other than an Arrma and research kept pointing me towards the Maxx. Haven’t decided where to buy it just yet, but I pulled the trigger on the Vitavon goodies, Savox 2270sg servo, Max8 G2 system.

My best bet is just buying the required parts off of JenRC and building one to my liking. RTRs cannot be trusted as most parts go to the charity bin once I rip them apart out of the box anyways.

Any words of wisdom?
The Maxx V2 is really well regarded.... though I think you are going the correct route with a slider. All the proprietary poo they put in the RTR needs to be extracted or modified so you might as well start without it. I've pretty much decided that Traxxas is not for me because of their shenanigans but parts availability is good and there aren't too many people who don't think they are durable MTs.

I'm really digging my Tekno MT410 and there are still slider kits left around the internet for $350-$360. It has the DNA of a racer and you build it from the ground up. It has been just replaced by the MT410 2.0 but the new truck is quite a bit smaller.

Amain has a 15% coupon right now if you do decide to go the RTR route. Otherwise @Glitch has a good idea. Jenny's for the rest.

To be honest, they're not bad right out of the box. My son has one and he's beat the snot out of it. Completely stock on 4s. And it just keeps taking it. Body doesn't look the greatest anymore. The only issue he's had was a set screw came out of one of the rear drive shafts. Had to hit the LHS and grab a new one. Checked the rest and added some locktite. Carry on.

The clipless body system sucks. Pops off on bad landings. Grab an RC Mad Labz body hooker kit. The "armored" one. It'll still pop loose but, you won't have to make the walk of shame and retrieve it. Lol. He's been using it for over a year. Totally worth it. Google it and buy from wherever you're comfortable with. They make them for the XMaxx and Maxx. So get the right one and the "armored" one.

https://www.michaelsrchobbies.com/rcml003-maxx-armored-body-hooker-kit.html

I bash a Maxx V1 with a widemaxx kit. It def takes a good beating. Ive broken a lot of bulkheads and bent pins but its always my fault and usually at a skate park. If i am just sending it off dirt jumps it jumps great and has a nice landing. Its pretty easy to work on too. Im eventually going to throw a max 8 combo and the 2.0 parts on it. The roller for 3 bills is kinda expensive when you factor in just the body. than you gotta buy wheels and tires. I found mine on fb market for 350. The stock esc isnt the best and the stock servo is slow but im going to run it till it dies.

I bash a Maxx V1 with a widemaxx kit. It def takes a good beating. Ive broken a lot of bulkheads and bent pins but its always my fault and usually at a skate park. If i am just sending it off dirt jumps it jumps great and has a nice landing. Its pretty easy to work on too. Im eventually going to throw a max 8 combo and the 2.0 parts on it. The roller for 3 bills is kinda expensive when you factor in just the body. than you gotta buy wheels and tires. I found mine on fb market for 350. The stock esc isnt the best and the stock servo is slow but im going to run it till it dies.
I agree that the roller is expensive. After doing the math, I’ll be going the JenRC as soon as they restock some missing items.

Back