Typhon Dedicated Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosmoM3

Weekend Track Junkie
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
Recently picked up a BNIB Typhon 6S roller for dirt cheap, making this is my second Typhon 6S (my other one is the TLR) and I want to make this one a dedicated basher. I've already have a parts list for this car for longevity and durability, but I was wondering what else I should consider. I'm using the stock Spektrum FIRMA 150A + 2050kv motor with a 16T/50T with the stock Spektrum S652 and SLT radio. If you haven't noticed, this is now a factory stock Typhon 6S.

Parts list so far:
  • Arrma EXB Aluminum Top Plate Black
  • Arrma EXB Red Rear Center Aluminum Chassis Brace
  • Arrma EXB 98mm Front Center Aluminum Chassis Brace
  • RPM Arrma/Durango Rear Wing Mounts
  • RPM Front Bumper and Skid Plate: ARRMA KRATON 6S
I mostly stuck with the OEM ARRMA parts since they're cheap and easy to find at my LHS. Anyone have other recommendations?

Thanks

Recently picked up a BNIB Typhon 6S roller for dirt cheap, making this is my second Typhon 6S (my other one is the TLR) and I want to make this one a dedicated basher. I've already have a parts list for this car for longevity and durability, but I was wondering what else I should consider. I'm using the stock Spektrum FIRMA 150A + 2050kv motor with a 16T/50T with the stock Spektrum S652 and SLT radio. If you haven't noticed, this is now a factory stock Typhon 6S.

Parts list so far:
  • Arrma EXB Aluminum Top Plate Black
  • Arrma EXB Red Rear Center Aluminum Chassis Brace
  • Arrma EXB 98mm Front Center Aluminum Chassis Brace
  • RPM Arrma/Durango Rear Wing Mounts
  • RPM Front Bumper and Skid Plate: ARRMA KRATON 6S
I mostly stuck with the OEM ARRMA parts since they're cheap and easy to find at my LHS. Anyone have other recommendations?

Thanks
Nope. You did the chassis braces, that’s a good upgrade but not even a must for the SWB rigs. The Typhon is a great platform and I have a bone stock T6S that has been one of my favorite rigs since the day I got it, also a dedicated basher. I don’t do big sends with it, just generally bash it to death until the battery dies. And of all my rigs, this one was pretty liberating in the sense that I didn’t modify it, didn’t throw butt-loads of cash at it, and (beyond EXB braces from Jenny’s and a motor fan) just haven’t messed with at all. I did the diffs (60/500/30) and shimmed them, set up the suspension the way I wanted it, and that’s it. All I’ve ever done to bash this thing is to charge up packs.
I run it primarily on 4s with the speed pinion installed and love it. And honestly, this rig probably has way more packs through it than most of my others and has given me less problems than most for sure. I keep waiting for the servo to fry, but even that hasn’t happened yet.
They're great rigs, and you’re going to love it for just being a fun basher. It’s the perfect 6s Arrma basher to not overthink. 😊

You just saved me a tone o
It’s the perfect 6s Arrma basher to not overthink. 😊
You just saved me a ton of money haha. This was exactly what I was looking for as I would rather spend my money on my track cars.

I went nuts upgrading my Typhon as it was my first 6s rig. I had been watching YT videos of Duperbash and rcdude81 and wanted to build mine similar. That was a problem because I was more into the planted nimble handling, not the big air. The upgrades ruined the handling IMO. M2c 4mm chassis, aluminum diff cases, etc. Made it heavy and clumsy compared to stock. Disliked the handling so much with the upgrades that I ended up dismantling it for parts for another rig and sold the M2c chassis.

Im rebuilding it now and went with the Typhon TLR chassis and towers. Only additional aluminum Im adding is chassis braces and servo mount, everything else will be stock.

I had a Max6 and Hobbystar 4082 on it before but swapped those to another rig. Honestly I don't think it needs extra power over the stock electronics unless you enjoy destroying tires. Fun, but expensive and not really worth it to me. Stock electronics on 4s is still very fast AND handles great.😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back