Infraction Decisions, decisions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCSid

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Hey All, Since recently RE-scratching the RC itch, I am trying to make some decisions about an Infraction. I recently got a 6s Kraton and have had a blast running it as is, while amassing a bunch of upgrades for it when stuff starts to break. I have also rebuilt restored my 2ea E-revos; 1ea MERV and 1ea E-revo 1.0 that I have converted to a 2.0 with new upgrades for both etc... Now that I have my little lot of RC cars all running, I want to get an on-road car. I like the Infraction and have been researching it a bit and looking at a lot of the other builds. I am trying to decide whether to get a roller and re-build one to my specs or just start from scratch with a Scorched CF GT Chassis and build from there. I would likely throw all of the common upgrades at it anyhow and I can only have so many ziplock baggies or OEM take-offs (I can build 2ea Erevo rollers with my surplus). I have done both methods on my current trucks, so I am not the least bit intimidated to start from scratch with the build. I am new to Arrma, so I am still learning the platform (I have a PhD in Traxxas lol).
What are everyones thoughts/experiences with the Infractions/builds etc?

Hey All, Since recently RE-scratching the RC itch, I am trying to make some decisions about an Infraction. I recently got a 6s Kraton and have had a blast running it as is, while amassing a bunch of upgrades for it when stuff starts to break. I have also rebuilt restored my 2ea E-revos; 1ea MERV and 1ea E-revo 1.0 that I have converted to a 2.0 with new upgrades for both etc... Now that I have my little lot of RC cars all running, I want to get an on-road car. I like the Infraction and have been researching it a bit and looking at a lot of the other builds. I am trying to decide whether to get a roller and re-build one to my specs or just start from scratch with a Scorched CF GT Chassis and build from there. I would likely throw all of the common upgrades at it anyhow and I can only have so many ziplock baggies or OEM take-offs (I can build 2ea Erevo rollers with my surplus). I have done both methods on my current trucks, so I am not the least bit intimidated to start from scratch with the build. I am new to Arrma, so I am still learning the platform (I have a PhD in Traxxas lol).
If that’s the direction you’re leaning, I’d start with a V2 Lim as a starting point. You’d have the perfect platform to adapt how you please, like GT chassis, speed runner, street basher, etc.
And yeah man (not to try to influence you or anything, but…) a V2 Lim with a full length GT Scorched chassis and your choice of bodies=FUN!
Welcome to the forum, man. 😊

Price out the parts you will need off Jenny's RC and see if it is worth it to buy a roller or not.
It really will depend on how many aftermarket parts you plan to run. There is an aftermarket part for each piece on the car....

My recommendation would be to start reading, all your questions have answers in here.
Yeah, thx. I've done quite a bit of reading since joining here. I am not looking for answers, rather subjective feedback and/or personal experiences of anyone whom has considered the same type of build. And I am also familiar with the ole 'use the search feature'....which I've done too.
If that’s the direction you’re leaning, I’d start with a V2 Lim as a starting point. You’d have the perfect platform to adapt how you please, like GT chassis, speed runner, street basher, etc.
And yeah man (not to try to influence you or anything, but…) a V2 Lim with a full length GT Scorched chassis and your choice of bodies=FUN!
Welcome to the forum, man. 😊
Thx @Dan B. This is the type of feedback and ideas that I am looking for. Appreciated.
Price out the parts you will need off Jenny's RC and see if it is worth it to buy a roller or not.
It really will depend on how many aftermarket parts you plan to run. There is an aftermarket part for each piece on the car....
I have been pouring over the parts diagrams and have started to make my Excel list of needed parts and want parts. I've been on Jennys checking out their current inventory and have bought lots from them in the past. In my experience, buying the roller would help me to compromise on some of the hop-ups I would've originally intended to purchase. Thx!

Yeah, thx. I've done quite a bit of reading since joining here. I am not looking for answers, rather subjective feedback and/or personal experiences of anyone whom has considered the same type of build. And I am also familiar with the ole 'use the search feature'....which I've done too.

Thx @Dan B. This is the type of feedback and ideas that I am looking for. Appreciated.

I have been pouring over the parts diagrams and have started to make my Excel list of needed parts and want parts. I've been on Jennys checking out their current inventory and have bought lots from them in the past. In my experience, buying the roller would help me to compromise on some of the hop-ups I would've originally intended to purchase. Thx!

The other perk of getting the roller and taking it all apart is knowing exactly what size screw goes in each location.
The diagrams give you this also, but I learn well from taking things apart.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back