Senton Craigslist rebuild pt2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
Pulled my gold senton out to clean up and service to sell and I think I fell in love with it again 😂 2022 me wasn’t so good at assembling these… had a stripped screw in the m3 screw on the front lower rear block and the screws in the bottom of the pillar had too much loctite on them so off it came from the top. Lots of heat later I got them out. Cleaned the front end up and replaced the bulkhead pinion bearings since they were still metal shielded v4’s or older. Fresh tekjo gaskets and it was ready to go. Off to the rear I did the same bearing swap and diff service. Changed out a few of the screws that were getting rusty again to keep rcbuzz from losing his mind 😂😂😂 Thought I had another 50t spur but apparently not. I went from a 24/46 gearing to 20/46. It would have been 20/50 though! I may still buy a center diff on Jenny’s to drop in so I can make sure it don’t need the fan anymore. Also bought a hot racing front lower front block I’ll throw on it when it gets here since it’s on a stock one right now.

IMG_5177.jpeg

IMG_5178.jpeg

IMG_5179.jpeg

IMG_5187.jpeg

IMG_5194.jpeg

IMG_5191.jpeg

IMG_5192.jpeg

IMG_5193.jpeg

IMG_5195.jpeg

IMG_5196.jpeg

IMG_5197.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg

IMG_5199.jpeg

IMG_5200.jpeg

IMG_5201.jpeg

Nothing like falling in love with an old rig again. The experience and knowledge gained over the years also makes everything easier and more enjoyable to work on! She's a good looker for sure 🍻

Back