Candy Orange SC6.1 !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Got the new Proline Axis body for my SC6.1 , and painted in my signature color I run , Candy Orange .
My 2 other bodies were the same Candy Orange as this new one with one alteration , I only did the " Candy " followed by the " Silver " , no final coat of white or black . When I did the others with black it turned what I wanted " Candy " to a more like dark Copper Met color .
Also , I kinda rushed the others and both times the silver bled thru into the orange making it " blotchy" . I painted just the transparent Candy Orange last night and waited til this morning to do the Silver to give plenty of time to dry , Wow !!! Came out perfectly clean , no blotches !!! And I love the "pop" of the color without a final black over it .
I'll show pics of my other body that has the black backer coat to show the difference .
Pics of the cans for part #'s , Candy Orange , Silver Streak , Metallic Black.

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

IMG_5217.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

Looks awesome. I wanted to paint my Big Rock that color. But I went with a copper instead.

Thank you for showing the difference between backing it with silver versus black. It was something I’ve been wondering for a future paint job.

I absolutely love the candy orange by the way it is beautiful!

Nice Job.(y)
That second older PL SCT body, what is that one?
Is that the Flow body?

^^^
The PL Flo-Tek has always been the favorite go to body for SCT's.
All the SC Track guys only run these. Vented very well.
Aside from functionality, the Axis looks nicer to me.

Bashing is a lot of fun , but for those who live in a reasonable distance to a RC track that races , go watch it , you might get the bug to do it !!! We have a blast racing our trucks , it is indoor carpet / outdoor turf in fair weather months . Obviously SCT is our favorite . Even going there on practice nights and running laps ( time to test/tune )with our race friends is great to .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back