Bought the skyrc discharger/ analyzer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erstadw

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Been wanting a the skyrc discharger for a while and noticed the 200w model has been replaced with an upgrades 250w model so I pulled the trigger and got one. Got it the other day and decided to test some lipos I have. Two 4s smc's 7400mah that are 3 years old and two hrb graphene 6s 6000mah. I was a little surprised by the results. Both hrb batteries I have lost about 1800mah of capacity and the smc's only a little over 100mah of capacity. All batteries have always been storage charged when not in use. The hrb's have always been charged at 1C. The smc's have been charged at 1C most times with a few charges at 2C. Not too impressed with the hrb lipos. Next lipo purchase will most likely be smc.

20210321_014034.jpg

When you say you stored them at storage voltage for a long time,
You mean you just put them away at 3.8v/cell?
And forgot about them?
Lipos should be tested and storage charged every month or so, if never used. Lipo's will lose voltage at rest. And eventually deep cycle discharge at some point. If never maintained at 3.8v/cell frequently enough for extended periods, they will always crap out on you. Un-reversible.
A sure death to them. No matter the quality or brand of lipo.
:cool:
Edit: I have 2 dischargers.
> ISDT FD-200 ( highest amp discharge)
>ORI 2m4 ( Smart discharger/ The only charger I know of that Balance discharges Lipos. Balance lead plugs into it.)

Last edited:
Yea I guess I did neglect them a bit by not cycling them every month. First tests I was maxing discharge at pretty close to 13.88. I retested a second time on the hrb batteries but this time I dropped the discharge rate to 1c. This time I got results very close to the rating on the pack. But 1c or 13.88 volts discharge is not the Same as actually running in a vehicle. So I don't know, I'm not really educated in this area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back