Battery Load Test Comparison from RCGroups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a set of 4 of the Liperior 5000mah 45C 3S. The site says they are thinner/lighter than the 65C, which I hope is true or I just wasted $100. CNHL was out of stock for the 65C black series I bought before and my HRB's are giving me less and less run time while taking longer and longer to charge. Got 11 minutes out of one set, then 12.5 minutes out of the second set Wednesday. I bought them in March 2019.

The liperior 65C don't fit well in the revo and are heavy, so really hope the specs listed are on the mark.

I figure 45C should be plenty for what I do.

Just ordered a set of 4 of the Liperior 5000mah 45C 3S. The site says they are thinner/lighter than the 65C, which I hope is true or I just wasted $100. CNHL was out of stock for the 65C black series I bought before and my HRB's are giving me less and less run time while taking longer and longer to charge. Got 11 minutes out of one set, then 12.5 minutes out of the second set Wednesday. I bought them in March 2019.

The liperior 65C don't fit well in the revo and are heavy, so really hope the specs listed are on the mark.

I figure 45C should be plenty for what I do.
Be careful on the HRBs, I just had my second 6S YoWoo graphene 5,000mah 100c pack break a tab on the main lead. The first one (6,000mah 100c Blue YoWoo) broke the same tab, turned it into a fugly 4S duct tape pack??. Gonna have to turn the 5000 into a 4S too.

P.S. If anybody didn't know HRB & YoWoo are made by the same factory in China.

I just ordered the 6500mah 75c SMC at midnight last night after my troubles with YoWoo. Hope they are worth the hype and can stand up to my new MMX8S ?

Be careful on the HRBs, I just had my second 6S YoWoo graphene 5,000mah 100c pack break a tab on the main lead. The first one (6,000mah 100c Blue YoWoo) broke the same tab, turned it into a fugly 4S duct tape pack??. Gonna have to turn the 5000 into a 4S too.

I just ordered the 6500mah 75c SMC at midnight last night after my troubles with YoWoo. Hope they are worth the hype and can stand up to my new MMX8S ?
Good news with the Yowoo/HRB packs is when buying thru Amazon, you pretty much always have a warranty. If you are outside the 90 days return window, simply buy another one and “return” the old one under the new purchase. I put return in quotes because you don’t actually have to ship it back. See below

845B2841-C6EE-4D9A-A3BD-1945E4B92539.jpeg

Good news with the Yowoo/HRB packs is when buying thru Amazon, you pretty much always have a warranty. If you are outside the 90 days return window, simply buy another one and “return” the old one under the new purchase. I put return in quotes because you don’t actually have to ship it back. See below

This is genius. I think ill be ordering some new batteries soon!
I figure I might give HooVo a try. Likely the same factory as the others, but I like the new balance plug...

1602870770372.png

***Edit ***
Ended up getting a pair of Zeee 80C packs for $4 more, that appear to be the same thing. Had a Zeee Pack in my son's basher for years and really like it. Willing to take a $32 risk on batteries. It will be interesting to see how they like 300+ amps ?

Last edited:

View attachment 104816
Yeah but have you noticed the YoWoo packs disappearing? And they changed the label and looks like they dropped the C rating ?‍♂️. Love how they preform hate how they break, and I don't throw them around by the cord.

In case you didn't know there are probably a dozen other lipo manufacturers that use that same factory to make their lipos, last I knew there were only about 6 factories that actually make lipo batteries. So odds are the HRBs are made in the exact same plant as the SMC cells.

In case you didn't know there are probably a dozen other lipo manufacturers that use that same factory to make their lipos, last I knew there were only about 6 factories that actually make lipo batteries. So odds are the HRBs are made in the exact same plant as the SMC cells.
Are they using the same recipe tho?? ?

Are they using the same recipe tho?? ?
No different grade of cells. Realize that the "name brand" lipos almost always get the higher quality cells and go through more qc than the low priced ones, a lot of the no name lipos are usually the lipo cells that the big guys don't want.

No different grade of cells. Realize that the "name brand" lipos almost always get the higher quality cells and go through more qc than the low priced ones, a lot of the no name lipos are usually the lipo cells that the big guys don't want.
I’ve been following the RC Groups research so I get it, I was mostly just ribb’n ya... ?

No, it's called fraud ???
And that is how we end up with sellers who think everyone is out to steal from them and they block every Tom, peepee and Harry from buying from them.

And that is how we end up with sellers who think everyone is out to steal from them and they block every Tom, peepee and Harry from buying from them.
No, it's called fraud ???

To clarify, my statement was sarcasm, and I wouldn't ever do something like this.

To clarify, my statement was sarcasm, and I wouldn't ever do something like this.
Wth I can't say peepee like someone's name.................. peepee Clark? Nope.

Well I’ve done it before due to the fact that the seller makes zero effort to provide a warranty as the listing states is included with the sale. They tell you to go thru Amazon for warranty and Amazon only allows returns in the first 30 days. So I had to get creative in order to receive my rightful replacement item. If you think what I did is fraud, what would you call the behavior of the seller who ducks a warranty claim?

Well I’ve done it before due to the fact that the seller makes zero effort to provide a warranty as the listing states is included with the sale. They tell you to go thru Amazon for warranty and Amazon only allows returns in the first 30 days. So I had to get creative in order to receive my rightful replacement item. If you think what I did is fraud, what would you call the behavior of the seller who ducks a warranty claim?
drop mic GIF by Captain Obvious

I've ran the HRB 3S 5000mah packs for over a year in my outcast and ERBEv2. They have started to fade a bit in power and a couple take longer to charge now. Which is why I bought the new packs.

The Liperior 5000mah 45C 3S are in fact lighter/thinner than the 65C versions and fit in my ERBEv2 better. I haven't run them yet though... between work and weather, I haven't been out in over a month! Hoping to get out this weekend, supposed to get up to 55F and no rain for a couple days. Won't be a great test though with ambient temps being so low.

View attachment 104816
I just had a battery explode on me today. U tried contacting them and no luck. I even had Amazon try to contact them and no luck as well. So you're saying just buy a new one and send the damaged one back?
What ESC/motor and gearing?

I just had a battery explode on me today. U tried contacting them and no luck. I even had Amazon try to contact them and no luck as well. So you're saying just buy a new one and send the damaged one back?
I’m saying buy a new one. When it arrives make a claim on the new purchase saying it blew up. They will give you instructions with the return label that will say DO NOT SHIP US A LITHIUM BATTERY. Then chat or call Amazon and ask them how to deal with the return since their label clearly says not to ship them a lipo. They will issue a credit and tell you to throw it in the trash. Make sure you completely drain it with a light bulb before tossing it in the trash.

Good post.. I’m guessing the 6s HRB 6000mah 100c is the same or similar to the Yowoos? I know they are the same manufacturer.. but i am happy with them so far.. 30 or so cycles (i run 12s) and the IR is still around 1.2 per cell..

The SMCs i just got and I’ve only ran them twice.. noticeably more punch.. but they were pricey.. we shall see how they stack up over time

AA129AD0-FD62-4DAF-978F-85B307E6461C.jpeg

Good post.. I’m guessing the 6s HRB 6000mah 100c is the same or similar to the Yowoos? I know they are the same manufacturer.. but i am happy with them so far.. 30 or so cycles (i run 12s) and the IR is still around 1.2 per cell..

The SMCs i just got and I’ve only ran them twice.. noticeably more punch.. but they were pricey.. we shall see how they stack up over time

View attachment 116820

Yoowoo and HRB are the same company and get their cells from the same manufacturer. None of the manufacturers sell batteries direct to consumer. There are only a handful of factories in the entire world that actually make lithium batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back