Typhon Arrma Metal Differential BOOST Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheed85

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 3s
Anyone try these yet? Can't seen to find too much information or any threads here. Product was listed added to amain since 6/23. Some sounds coming from rear diff and time for replacement or rebuild. Pricey upgrade if you throw in the transmission "boost"
Screenshot_20230805_123834_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230805_123808_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah costly for the boost upgrading. No doubt. You wont find much information here on Boosted Arrma's . I think its not that popular. Many guys don't even bother to boost theirs. They leave them as is. And move up to a 3s 4x4 model.
Way more cost effective. Need to boost that wallet.:rolleyes:
Just me.

Yeah costly for the boost upgrading. No doubt. You wont find much information here on Boosted Arrma's . I think its not that popular. Many guys don't even bother to boost theirs. They leave them as is. And move up to a 3s 4x4 model.
Way more cost effective. Need to boost that wallet.:rolleyes:
Just me.
Rear Diff is making noise on my Typhon 3s, and was looking to see what was out there and came across this. But would rather put the Typhon back with original parts/sell and get a 6s I would think.

Just not sure how much money is worth throwing at the typhon 3s. It's been one of my favorite vehicles actually though!

Rear Diff is making noise on my Typhon 3s, and was looking to see what was out there and came across this. But would rather put the Typhon back with original parts/sell and get a 6s I would think.

Just not sure how much money is worth throwing at the typhon 3s. It's been one of my favorite vehicles actually though!

Why not fix the typhon with stock parts and keep it? If you like it, keep it and buy a 6s. More rc= more better

I agree with the notion of buying a second vehicle :D

More seriously, is this the stock diff? How long did it last? If it lasted a while, i'd consider just doing a proper rebuild, replacing both input and ring gear, and setting correct mesh -- and don't forget to set your slipper clutch at the proper level.

As far as the upgrade, if you're looking to just spend money, then why not? If you're running on 3s power, you shouldn't have an issue with those. If you're on a budget, i'd just save money and buy one rear metal diff (the front ones don't usually have issues). There are also aluminum diff gears i've seen. Should last longer than plastic, i'd suspect.

Nothing wrong with what you have.
Just saying keep "it as" is if you like it for sure. Just replace what breaks or wear sout . Keep it stock. You can always sell it of course.
I'm saying it's maybe not smart to put all your $apples$ into one basket, and just move up to a 6s platform. Just an option. We all have different wallets.
Nice to have a few "different" RC's for back up fun when one is down for repairs. They all have different personalities. And Driving different ones developes your driving skills

@SrC , @Hector_Fisher , @Bustedaw11

Thanks for all the replies! After taking it all apart amd opening the rear diff looks great. So just cleaned out and added new diff oil.

The plastic input gear was missing about 5 or 6 teeth. Can't beat a $20 repair (input gear and diff oil). If this one wears out I may consider switching to metal.

The 6s bug is real. Shortly after my Typhon I purchased an Infraction, and a month later an outcast 8s. Just trying to pace myself 🤣 next will be a Notorious (one for sale here is tempting), or a Kraton. Definitely 6s from here out (although I love my 3s typhon, so durable and lightweight)

20230806_220104.jpg

20230724_150529.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back