Kraton Arrma 6s failures <most common>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiba.k9

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
So let's get the consensus what is the most common 6s blx line failure what should u have 3 of in your tool box what is the xyz failure of these trucks

My most common breaks have been c-hubs and a-arms and were caused almost exclusively by my poor driving and the occasional “hold my beer” moments.
Another common problem on some off-roaders is the driveshafts popping out of the cups, but that can be remedied by proper droop settings and sometimes removing the red spacers from the pivot balls.

So many iterations and configurations, but the new revision of Kraton EXB is the really the current Arrma 6S pinnacle and should be used as a baseline.

That being said, inner hub bearings and them just being overall composite. Even an 8S Redcat Vigilante has 7075 hubs at just over $100 more pricepoint.

Arms and hinge pins were the main culprits. Dogbones bend but can be rectified with a large hammer. Other stuff did break but attributed to driver error except that one time the tree jumped out in front of me.

So what I'm hearing is tool steel pins a few extra arms and aluminum c hubs are more for bearing size then much else stock ones are 8 bucks a pop so easily replaceable and cheap

Check the input bearings on the bulkheads often. Any play on those and you shred the input pinion and ring gear.
I think it is the weakest link on the whole 6s platform. The diffs should have been bigger.
When i compare them to my Traxxas Slash diffs, the Arrma diffs aren't beefy at all.

my biggest problem with my v2 exb k6 is the driveshaft popping out on landings I just got 4mm I.d silicon tubing to put on the shock shaft to try and help over compression I noticed with shock being all the way max the driveshaft is close the edges of the cup plus them bending but that’s easy fix till it snaps from constantly rebending it

Arms and hinge pins were the main culprits. Dogbones bend but can be rectified with a large hammer. Other stuff did break but attributed to driver error except that one time the tree jumped out in front of me.
Those damn trees.

my biggest problem with my v2 exb k6 is the driveshaft popping out on landings I just got 4mm I.d silicon tubing to put on the shock shaft to try and help over compression I noticed with shock being all the way max the driveshaft is close the edges of the cup plus them bending but that’s easy fix till it snaps from constantly rebending it
Haven't had that happen once tighten your droop screws and shocks if you bottom out your preload is to soft

Haven't had that happen once tighten your droop screws and shocks if you bottom out your preload is to soft
It's a common but random issue. I have 4 6s Arrma vehicles and only 1 that does it.

So what I'm hearing is tool steel pins a few extra arms and aluminum c hubs are more for bearing size then much else stock ones are 8 bucks a pop so easily replaceable and cheap
The c-hubs are weak, and when you upgrade to quality alloy ones the bigger bearings are just a bonus. Otherwise, I agree that bearings are cheaply replaced consumables.
It's a common but random issue. I have 4 6s Arrma vehicles and only 1 that does it.
Me too. Is your problem child a NOTO/Outcast? That’s the only 6s rig I’ve ever had that issue with.

The c-hubs are weak, and when you upgrade to quality alloy ones the bigger bearings are just a bonus. Otherwise, I agree that bearings are cheaply replaced consumables.

Me too. Is your problem child a NOTO/Outcast? That’s the only 6s rig I’ve ever had that issue with.
Nope my 6s EXB.

There's all the spare parts I got lol need more

20240404_200505.jpg

Back