Anyone know about SRC sweep roadrunners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apkallday89

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just bought a brand new set of src sweep Roadrunner belted tires anyone know if these are any good about to go run them now on my Kronos just wondering how they're going to hold up for just Street running
20230505_163254.jpg

Isn't this something you ask before you buy them? :eek: :ROFLMAO: Make sure you don't over tighten them, especially in colder weather. I had the plastic crack and the tire flew off my talion making me crash into the curb.

Awesome thank you yeah it's only stock hearing on 6s won't be near that so that's pretty much all they can handle is 80 mph and under? So I know for the future
Yeah I probably should have LOL they've been on order for a while just got them in the mail today didn't want to go too hard on them never had that brand before I'll double check the rim because they're pretty thick my nut ain't going all the way down

I have the SRC VHT slicks on my e Revo 2.0. A fantastic tire! Surper grippy rubber. They do need to be balanced. But they are a solid tire and wheel. The wheel is a pretty strong plastic. You'll like these :)

I have the SRC VHT slicks on my e Revo 2.0. A fantastic tire! Surper grippy rubber. They do need to be balanced. But they are a solid tire and wheel. The wheel is a pretty strong plastic. You'll like these :)
Yes I noticed my front left tire was bouncing a lot what should I do to balance that one wheel the rest are pretty good I hear modeling clay and gluing weights but what's the best?

Yes I noticed my front left tire was bouncing a lot what should I do to balance that one wheel the rest are pretty good I hear modeling clay and gluing weights but what's the best?
Either are fine. I've never had clay come off and its easy to find and use.

For balancing, I have a spare hub/bearing carrier with a stub axle. I mount the wheel to it and spin while holding the bearing carrier in my hand lol. As the wheel comes to a stop, it will roll back and forth till it settles in place and stops. The bottom of your tire is the heaviest spot. Put weights directly on the opposite side (top). Then spin again. Eventually after spinning, the wheel should come to a stop without rolling back and forth. You can keep adjusting the amount of weight until this happens. There are videos on youtube showing this.

I have an older version and use it with countless speed runs with my MT4-G3 without any visible problems (HPI'S Phlatline failed with my overgeard MT4)

mt4-g3 with GPM.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back