All You Crawler/Scale Guys Chime In

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
So my son and I already have a couple of TRX4Ms, but we're looking to get something bigger now. The other day I saw Element released the 1/12 Enduro12 trail truck. I'd have to buy 2, so the price point of $199.00 would be much easier on my wallet than pretty much all of the 10th scale trucks we were looking at. My only concern is aftermarket parts support & scale accessories. For example, the TRX4 has virtually unlimited options for customization (bumpers, links, scale accessories, etc.), but I'm not sure all of those options would be available for this platform. Bodies made for the Stampede will fit, so at least I'll have body options. And the few reviews on YT about this truck have been very promising. Im more into the scale/trail truck aspect as opposed to pure hardcore crawling. My other option was the base model Redcat Gen7 Sport which can be had for about $230.00. Feel free to chime in with thoughts. Thanks guys 🍻

Screenshot_20240120_120012_Chrome.jpg

I've been tempted to give one of these a try, I love my Element 1/10 scale crawlers but their 1/24 scale crawlers were a bit lacking. The only thing I worry about is any aftermarket support for the odd duck scale.

If you could up the budget a bit, here are a couple of good but reasonably priced 1/10 scale crawlers/trail trucks.

FMS Atlas Powerwagon been getting pretty good reviews and thier mini scale version is pretty nice.

Element SE Sendero another one that got good reviews straight out of the box. The Sendero line up has a bunch of aftermarket support for upgrades.

I've been tempted to give one of these a try, I love my Element 1/10 scale crawlers but their 1/24 scale crawlers were a bit lacking. The only thing I worry about is any aftermarket support for the odd duck scale.

If you could up the budget a bit, here are a couple of good but reasonably priced 1/10 scale crawlers/trail trucks.

FMS Atlas Powerwagon been getting pretty good reviews and thier mini scale version is pretty nice.

Element SE Sendero another one that got good reviews straight out of the box. The Sendero line up has a bunch of aftermarket support for upgrades.
I'd been heavily considering the Atlas Powerwagon as well, I like the reviews and the looks of it. Same for the SE Sendero, I really like that one more than all the others trucks we've mentioned. If I can catch a sale or coupon at the right time, I'd spring for the SE Sendero. I really want to give that Sendero12 a shot, but man the aftermarket support really worries me 😟

I'd been heavily considering the Atlas Powerwagon as well, I like the reviews and the looks of it. Same for the SE Sendero, I really like that one more than all the others trucks we've mentioned. If I can catch a sale or coupon at the right time, I'd spring for the SE Sendero. I really want to give that Sendero12 a shot, but man the aftermarket support really worries me 😟

That's the only reason I havn't pullet the trigger on the 1/12 version. Looks pretty nice but needs to have the aftermarket support.....Or does it? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

I'M SO BAD. I still want it. But I also have many to play with, If I didn't I would hold out for a 1/10 scale.

Last edited:
I asked Scale Builders Guild about this truck and he said it is basically a refreshed Associated CR12 that is now branded under the Element line (AE crawler brand). I know the Tamiya bodies fit pretty well from what I have seen. I am definitely going to scoop one up with how impressed I have been with my Element Trailrunner. It isn't very "small" and definitely larger than 1/12th scale from what I have seen. I know a couple of Youtubers have said they have the truck and are wanting to review it but the arctic blast going on has deterred that. I expect a pretty large aftermarket for this truck

Get the 1/10 size. Element makes a great product; we have a pair of them in the fleet. Both are Gatekeepers, but one was reworked into a surprisingly competent crawler.

Here is our piece on the TRX-4: https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/trx-4-2021-bronco.html
Very detailed and well written piece on the TRX4. That is a dream rig of mine, I know I'll definitely own one at some point. I like Elements products a lot, especially their non-licensed bodies. I think Elements' trucks have the best non licensed bodies in the trail category.
I asked Scale Builders Guild about this truck and he said it is basically a refreshed Associated CR12 that is now branded under the Element line (AE crawler brand). I know the Tamiya bodies fit pretty well from what I have seen. I am definitely going to scoop one up with how impressed I have been with my Element Trailrunner. It isn't very "small" and definitely larger than 1/12th scale from what I have seen. I know a couple of Youtubers have said they have the truck and are wanting to review it but the arctic blast going on has deterred that. I expect a pretty large aftermarket for this truck
Ahhh thanks for clearing up the whole Associated/Element relationship, always wondered bout that. But those are great things to hear! Maybe this truck will kick start the 1/12 market. I was also impressed with the size of it for being a "1/12", it doesn't look to be as small as I thought it would be. Sure is hard to look past at that price.

Last edited:
So my son and I already have a couple of TRX4Ms, but we're looking to get something bigger now. The other day I saw Element released the 1/12 Enduro12 trail truck. I'd have to buy 2, so the price point of $199.00 would be much easier on my wallet than pretty much all of the 10th scale trucks we were looking at. My only concern is aftermarket parts support & scale accessories. For example, the TRX4 has virtually unlimited options for customization (bumpers, links, scale accessories, etc.), but I'm not sure all of those options would be available for this platform. Bodies made for the Stampede will fit, so at least I'll have body options. And the few reviews on YT about this truck have been very promising. Im more into the scale/trail truck aspect as opposed to pure hardcore crawling. My other option was the base model Redcat Gen7 Sport which can be had for about $230.00. Feel free to chime in with thoughts. Thanks guys 🍻

View attachment 343479
vanquish or get a rc4wd bully

Love my 10th scale Ecto, the 24th scale Ecto is just ok, but this one looks pretty good. Still wonder what kind of aftermarket support will be available at this scale.

Love my 10th scale Ecto, the 24th scale Ecto is just ok, but this one looks pretty good. Still wonder what kind of aftermarket support will be available at this scale.
That's definitely the biggest question mark for me. How crazy would it be if the popularity of these things just exploded :unsure:

In my opinion if you are wanting to step up to a 1/10 scale then do it.

1/10 are more capable rigs and support is great. I think you just may regret getting something so close to the size as you already have.

I think the1/18, 1/24, and 1/12 are more for the guys that have a pile of 1/10 rigs and want to try something new and different

You will not be disappointed in a 1/10 rig

Also smaller does not always make it cheaper my 1/24 comp trucks are north of 700$

In my opinion if you are wanting to step up to a 1/10 scale then do it.

1/10 are more capable rigs and support is great. I think you just may regret getting something so close to the size as you already have.

I think the1/18, 1/24, and 1/12 are more for the guys that have a pile of 1/10 rigs and want to try something new and different

You will not be disappointed in a 1/10 rig

Also smaller does not always make it cheaper my 1/24 comp trucks are north of 700$
Great points you make sir👍Once I get a 1/10 in my fleet I'll probably come back around and pick up one of these little guys at a later date.

Looks like MSM got his hands on one. Personal feelings aside about him & his sometimes biased opinions, it seems to be a pretty capable little rig. I actually prefer his non-Traxxas videos over the Traxxas ones.

Back