About 1 year ago today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
...I placed an order w/ Tower Hobbies for a 3s Typhon. After very much internal debate whether to get the 3s or the 6s I'd decided that the 3s should be my very 1st hobby grade rc. I also searched the interweb w/ the best of my abilities, but didn't know about this forum yet. It would also be the 1st rc for me since the Nikko Super Fox that I had as a youngster that took like 6 hours of charging the 8 AA's for 15 minutes of play time.
After I got it I was absolutely ecstatic, couldn't wait to drive it even tho it was early February in Iowa! Loved it!! So much faster than the Nikko!🤣 My joy would ultimately be short lived however, as it's speed was a lot quicker than my driving abilities. Less than 2 weeks later I went head on into a mailbox post & ended the poor little typhon, broke him clean in 2.😬😅🤕😵 As I researched & ordered the parts I thought it would take to repair it the thought of that 6s Typhon just kept creeping back into my mind. Ultimately my impatience won out & I bought the 6s Typhon just a month after the 3s, even tho I had all the parts to fix the 3s. Shoulda just got the 6s to begin with.
Fast forward to now I have 3x 6s Typhons, a Kraton6s, an Infraction6s & that 1st 6s Typhon I bought is the only one that's still ALL typhon, although it's m2ced out w/ a hobbywing max6 4985 1650kv combo!!😍😂 I still have the 3s sitting in a box, still in pieces along w/ all the new parts I bought to fix it, (along with quite a few upgrade parts too!) so if any of you 3s guys want/need something just gimme a shout!! 😉 I honestly believe I would have given up & been done w/ this hobby had I not discovered this incredible forum & community!!!!🥰😊🤩
Hard for me to believe that I've only been seriously involved in this hobby for a year now!! Boy, I've come a LONG WAY but still have many, many happy years of driving/ smashing/ wrenching to enjoy!!!! Bash on arrma peeps!!!!!!!!😃👍👍🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

20220301_155854.jpg

20220301_155903.jpg

20220410_121245.jpg

20230214_174514.jpg

Screenshot_20230214-173608_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230214-173730_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd say you've come a long way!! (y)

It's been a blast watchin' you grow in the hobby, wreck sh!t up, upgrading, getting more rigs, becoming a painting pro, movin' out da trailer, hangin' gutters and rippin' up job sites regardless of the weather or conditions! :p

I'm glad I've got to know you and have had some great DM convos with ya. I'm gonna make it back out to Des Moines one day and will def hit you up!! 🍻🌲

You're a great person and I look fwd to more of Josh's adventures in RC!!! 🤘(y):LOL:👊✌️

So… you’ve pretty much killed your cars since the day you started. Very nice!! Keep up the good work man, I know you work hard at it. You got passion buddy, a true aficionado 😊

Happy anniversary Josh! Your a stand up guy! Enjoy conversing with you! Its amazing the camaraderie you build with others that share the same hobby. I've only been on here a few months but really enjoy the knowledge and friendships I've gained. You've definitely progressed with your fleet and have been very creative in your builds and paint jobs! I don't think I'd enjoy the hobby as much without this forum! Cheers to my fellow RC enthusiasts!🥳🍾

Happy AnniveRsary!
Great story buddy and so gracious of you to share your Chassis Shredding experience with this Awesome community!

Netflix should make a documentary about your hardcore bashing shenanigans 🍺😁👍

Dude, that’s beautiful. We’re glad you’re here. And yeah, like others have said, you’ve come a long way in a short time! Happy anniversary, man! (He said to another guy he’s never even met in person on Valentine’s Day…. OK, it’s a little weird, but I mean it sincerely. 😊)

Happy AnniveRsary!
Great story buddy and so gracious of you to share your Chassis Shredding experience with this Awesome community!

Netflix should make a documentary about your hardcore bashing shenanigans 🍺😁👍
Call it, ‘Hey, watch this…’

Well I for one never pegged you as a quitter, but just giving up on that 3S Typhon just really seems out of character. I just don't know if I should just block you or what, I just can't even read your posts right now without feeling sick. :eek:

Nevermind I forgive you. I just can't stay mad at you! :love:

It seems like you've been here forever man, I'm glad you stuck around! :)

I don't think I'd enjoy the hobby as much without this forum!
It's definitely the icing on the cake, isn't it. If it wasn't for this forum and the awesome crew on here, I wouldn't really have anyone to talk to about it.

It's definitely the icing on the cake, isn't it. If it wasn't for this forum and the awesome crew on here, I wouldn't really have anyone to talk to about it.
RIGHT!!!!! Same here!!

Agreed 100%!! I'm sure all my friends are tired of me talking about my rigs, showing off pictures of my rigs, showing off pics of OTHER people's rigs, jabbering on about how fast @chris adams just went on 3s. Sometimes I just keep going after I see their eyes glaze over w/ disinterest!!😆 I don't wanna seem rude & just stare @ arrma forum while we're hanging out, but I wanna talk about rc's dammit!! Besides, I've got a couple new paint jobs I gotta show ya!!🤣

Agreed 100%!! I'm sure all my friends are tired of me talking about my rigs, showing off pictures of my rigs, showing off pics of OTHER people's rigs, jabbering on about how fast @chris adams just went on 3s. Sometimes I just keep going after I see their eyes glaze over w/ disinterest!!😆 I don't wanna seem rude & just stare @ arrma forum while we're hanging out, but I wanna talk about rc's dammit!! Besides, I've got a couple new paint jobs I gotta show ya!!🤣
Yep I'm hearing ya. Not everyone has the same interests. Although my brother is getting more interested and I probably have something to do with that. My wife rolls her eyes sometimes so I don't bother talking to her about it. My son has the Senton and likes bashing it but he shows no real interest in working on them.

I'm with you guys, I don't know who else I could chat about this stuff with, Mrs. Doom is patient, but I'm afraid one time her eyes are going to get stuck from doing so many eye rolls. She is supportive if it makes me happy, but it would be like her chatting about the Hallmark channel with me. 🤣
Yep I'm hearing ya. Not everyone has the same interests. Although my brother is getting more interested and I probably have something to do with that. My wife rolls her eyes sometimes so I don't bother talking to her about it. My son has the Senton and likes bashing it but he shows no real interest in working on them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back