Grom 66 mph Grom top score

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamwins

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
I exceeded my goal of 60mph with the typhon Grom today.

IMB_9ef9i9.gif

What electronics are you running? I just bought a surpass 2440 to go in mine. It’s brushless 4000kv . I don’t know if that’s faster or slower than stock. I understand KV but Turns don’t compute to me
Castle 1007 6350kv (sensored) and mamba micro esc, 10A BEC, castle BT Link, spektrum SR315/SLT3, NSD rs100 hv, ht micro servo. On 3s-4s
As far as making sense of the value of the motor numbers.. as a general rule the first 4 digits will be the diam and length of the motor and second 4 will be the KV. Windings refers to the physical wraps of copper wire in the motor around the stator when you put electricity to windings it creates a magnetic field around each coil. which creates a field which interacts with the magnets on the rotor which generates force. So easy way to remember that is more and thicker windings you have more torque but at lower speeds. Less and thinner windings & looser coils make for higher speed at lower torque.
Castle’s special so they have their own system that is more to do with stator size and it’s pretty confusing tbh. However they do make a decent motor. Just don’t learn from them on the number tip cuz they’re the exception. 😆
This may help…

Castle 1007 6350kv (sensored) and mamba micro esc, 10A BEC, castle BT Link, spektrum SR315/SLT3, NSD rs100 hv, ht micro servo.
As far as making sense of the value of the motor numbers.. as a general rule the first 4 digits will be the diam and length of the motor and second 4 will be the KV. Windings refers to the physical wraps of copper wire in the motor around the stator when you put electricity to windings it creates a magnetic field around each coil. which creates a field which interacts with the magnets on the rotor which generates force. So easy way to remember that is more windings you have more torque but at lower speeds. Less windings looser coils make for higher speed at lower torque.
Castle’s special so they have their own system that is more to do with stator size and it’s pretty confusing tbh. However they do make a decent motor. Just don’t learn from them on the number tip cuz they’re the exception. 😆
This may help…

Oh and kv…

The KV rating of an RC motor tells you how fast the motor spins for each volt of electricity applied. Here’s how it ties in w/ windings….
A High KV Rating: motor spins very fast with fewer windings. It’s good for rigs that need to go fast but don’t need much strength to move.
Low KV Rating: the motor spins slower but has more windings, giving it more power to push or pull. Which is needed for heavier/larger cars that need to handle tougher conditions.

Last edited:
Back