32p vs 0.8mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyFromCanada

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I found a few hits here and in other places, but I thought a refresher might be helpful...If you round a few decimal points, 32p and 0.8mod are almost the same. Are they practically compatible? I'm just thinking of using the 4x4 Granite BLX spur (0.8mod) with a 32p pinion from somewhere else.

I found a few hits here and in other places, but I thought a refresher might be helpful...If you round a few decimal points, 32p and 0.8mod are almost the same. Are they practically compatible? I'm just thinking of using the 4x4 Granite BLX spur (0.8mod) with a 32p pinion from somewhere else.

I though they were the same thing. It shouldn’t be an issue. I’ve run pinions marked 0.8 with 32p spurs.

That seems to be the consensus, but I wanted to be sure before buying up a bunch of parts. There is a 32p 9T pinion available, which when matched with the 0.8mod 57T spur from the Granite 4x4 BLX will give me close to the stock 6.5 gear ratio...

That seems to be the consensus, but I wanted to be sure before buying up a bunch of parts. There is a 32p 9T pinion available, which when matched with the 0.8mod 57T spur from the Granite 4x4 BLX will give me close to the stock 6.5 gear ratio...

You don’t want that. I ran an 11/57 and it wasn’t enough gear.

Well, that's true, but might be good for my son as a starting point...I'm running 3800 kV, so I'm not too worried. I'm looking to maintain a certain rpm, not max speed or anything.

I run 15t/56t in my Granite. Ran 17t pinion for a while, but it was too fast.

Obviously it all depends on motor and battery but 9/56 seems too low/high (depending on how you look at it.)

To the poster's point, 9 to 57 maintains the stock 1 to 6.5 ratio. Whether it's 14 to 91 or 9 to 57, 1 to 6.5 is still the desired ratio that always worked fine before. Why is everyone suggesting moving away from the stock ratio?

To the poster's point, 9 to 57 maintains the stock 1 to 6.5 ratio. Whether it's 14 to 91 or 9 to 57, 1 to 6.5 is still the desired ratio that always worked fine before. Why is everyone suggesting moving away from the stock ratio?
Bro this post was from 2018

digging jared leto GIF by NETFLIX

That doesn't make the question any less relevant.
Basically the amount of turns per volt from a brushless motor will likely be different from the stock brushed motor, you need to regear to compensate. Hence why Ed said he didn't have good luck with running 11/57.

Basically the amount of turns per volt from a brushless motor will likely be different from the stock brushed motor, you need to regear to compensate. Hence why Ed said he didn't have good luck with running 11/57.
If I understood the poster correctly, he simply wants to move away from the 48p spur and pinion and jump to the 32p/.8mod tooth setup for strength and keep approximately the same 6.5 to 1 gear ratio. No motor swap was mentioned. Why is the consensus to change his gear ratio even though he's going to use the same motor?

If I understood the poster correctly, he simply wants to move away from the 48p spur and pinion and jump to the 32p/.8mod tooth setup for strength and keep approximately the same 6.5 to 1 gear ratio. No motor swap was mentioned. Why is the consensus to change his gear ratio even though he's going to use the same motor?
Oh sorry I missed that he was just swapping out the spur and pinion my apologies sir. Maybe everyone else was thinking the same thing I was? 🤷‍♂️

-Edit- Nope he is using a brushless motor.
Well, that's true, but might be good for my son as a starting point...I'm running 3800 kV, so I'm not too worried. I'm looking to maintain a certain rpm, not max speed or anything.

Bro this post was from 2018

digging jared leto GIF by NETFLIX
To all those that say "old post man" or "you do realize this is an old post?!",
GOOGLE is a search engine, it searches for answers to peepz quandaries....it doesn't care WHEN an answer was posted much at all, and I have never seen anyone in interwebz history sort their "search answers" by DATE!
An answer is an answer, a fact is a fact, and it's no one's opinion that stating "this is an old post dude!" was started by a child that didn't have a come back in an argument and so went with the "grasping at straws technique!" which gave all the sheeple that worn out, age old reply you have repeated here for Google to find from now until eternity because it just doesn't matter how old the post is if the information contained within is factual and doesn't have an expiration date.
Just be cool guys, peace , love, and RC!
Right? I mean we are all here for the sane reason, a love for RC and Arrma! Maybe we can stick to the program which in this case is the topic of this post for which i was looking for the answer in 2023 and Google brought me straight here....to this okd post!
Btw, ty Arrma for keeping a wealth of information alive in your forums!!!!!

☆Ominous Nefarious ☆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back