Typhon 3 Major Mods Under $5 total!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Just thought I would share my experience with this rig after 3 weeks. Out of the box the car is great...but there are several mods that make the car exceptional for the $299 cost. Here are my top mods....

1. Change to 20t pinion...stock is 15t

2. Check and tighten slipper...mine actually came loose on third run...manual suggest 1.5 turns loose from all the way tight...in at 3/4 turns out.

3. Adjust esc punch setting to liking...4 at 20t pinion is perfect for me.

These were the best mods for me...cost a total $5 for pinion...nothing else! Another mod for a little bit more money would be tires (I'm running Duratrax 6 pack buggy...there great). Anyways...would love to hear what others are doing to your 3s blx beasts!

Last edited:
Typhon 3s...running turning 3s 50c lipo. I'm starting to really like this little buggy...it handles soooo good and can pull at any speed...I can pull the whole front end up at any speed...but can also keep it planted whenever...so fun!

Ok gotcha. I tried a 20t pinion in my Granite and it cogged badly.

Might want to try the other adjustments I mentioned...punch and slipper. Could also be difference in weight...typhon is lightest of blx models. I would think 18t on granite would be perfect

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back