Vorteks 2x 8000mah 100C batteries lasted me 5 and 5 minutes. details in the thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
I've done quite a lot of disassembly and assembly the previous days. I installed - for the first time - a new Savox servo, which then I had to change back to the stock S651 servo, because the Savox seemed to be broken. I put the old servo back, today went out for a bashing and to try my GoPro too recording how I play. It is true that I've been in the grass which was a bit wet and I was doing full throttle because the park was empty, but even so, usually I can play for around 30-40minutes on tarmac with a mixed 75-100% throttle.
2 extra details:
  • I turned the BEC voltage up to 7.4v. ( I think, because some argue the Firma 100A ESC only works with default BEC 6.0V)
  • the servo seemed to struggle to turn to the left.

any clues?

my tips:
  • I was doing full throttle, on grass, which is obviously the least efficient for the motor, so I guess the motor was on 35-40k rpm for around 5 minutes x 2 batteries. (btw motor and esc were not hot, Spektrum telemetry was showing 170fahrenheit top)
  • Just now that I am writing this I realised I had the SkyRC GPS on for the whole time and I've done about 10k feet, so like 3km. hope that helps. When I got home and put the batteries on storage charge, they were 3.88v , 3.85v each, because I stopped as soon as the car turned into slow mode.

please tell me this is normal and if I would have been bashing on gravel or dirt or tarmac the battery life would just be normal ?
screenshots:

Screenshot_20221125-170658.jpg

Screenshot_20221125-170704.jpg

ps. the 2nd picture is the first run on which I also did drive the car from home, obviously at walk pace.

Huge extra info: forgot to add, I got these, bigger tyres on now too.

IMG_20221122_170048.jpg

Last edited:
Is there really a motor temp sensor in this car? Seems a lot more likely you overheated the motor than hit LVC.

Is there really a motor temp sensor in this car? Seems a lot more likely you overheated the motor than hit LVC.
There is telemetry, which allegedly shows temperatures, but since we re talking about Spektrum, I more and more think its just a scam and it works like how they cAlCuLaTe the speed in the app.

Screenshot_20221126-203152.jpg

Apparently the short rum time is a common issue with the vorteks because the firma1000 esc LVC is too high. Im having this same issue. I got a replacement esc thru warranty last week but its looks like the same spektrum firma100. I haven't opened it and don't know if the new escs being shipped by Horizon have corrected the LVC issue. Hope someone knows

Apparently the short rum time is a common issue with the vorteks because the firma1000 esc LVC is too high. Im having this same issue. I got a replacement esc thru warranty last week but its looks like the same spektrum firma100. I haven't opened it and don't know if the new escs being shipped by Horizon have corrected the LVC issue. Hope someone knows
I found out, my problem was because the motor was struggling with the tires I put on. I simply made it too heavy. I am now running same car with other tires and its 35-40min battery life with good trigger control

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back