SOLD / FOUND 2 x 900 watt power supplies HP-DPS1200FB $50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonshot

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Infraction 4x4
Up for sale is 2 x 900 watt HP-DPS1200FB 12 volt server power supplies with banana plugs and 10 foot power cables (battery chargers in the pictures are for demonstration only and not for sale)

Some of you may or may not know that almost all DC-input RC battery chargers cannot output maximum charging wattage at 12 volts input. For example, my personal battery charger is a ToolkitRC M8 300 watt charger. If you read the specs, it will only draw a maximum input of 16 amps. 300 watts divided by 16 amps = 18.75 volts required to achieve the full 300 watts. If you only input 12 volts, the charger can only output 192 watts. This Youtube video does a great job of explaining:

Why You MUST Use a 24v Supply For Your Lipo Charger

What I did at home is put two of these server power supplies in series to achieve 24 volts output and 1800 watt capacity. This enables me to reach the full 300 watt output of my chargers (I have 4 connected in parallel).

In order to connect these power supplies in series, you have to remove the internal ground in one of them. I didn't do that to these power supplies in case the buyer wants to use them separately. I followed this guide. The first section has already been completed for you, just skip down to the (optional) voltage adjustment and then 24V mod:

HP DPS-1200FB Power Supply Hack

$50 firm + buyer pays shipping - PayPal or Zelle. Both of the power supplies and power cords will fit in a USPS Medium Priority box, so shipping will only be $15.50.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for reading my ad!
ps.jpg
Photo Jun 08, 9 07 33 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 08, 9 06 51 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 08, 9 06 42 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 08, 9 10 02 PM.jpg
specs.jpg
Photo Sep 27, 11 05 17 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Sold to @Greywolf74. Thanks!
A quick note that some chargers will not accept voltage as high as 24. It's best to check your specs rather than assuming.
Good advice. That's why I posted the specs for my specific charger. Others should check theirs as well.

What binding posts are those and where can I buy them? I run a pair of ISDT Q6 Nano chargers off a 24v switching supply but I've been wanting to get a pair of Q8s and run all 4 chargers off of a pair of the 750w HP PSUs. I really like the way those binding posts look compared to just soldering a piece of wire to connect the 2 PSUs in series.

What binding posts are those and where can I buy them? I run a pair of ISDT Q6 Nano chargers off a 24v switching supply but I've been wanting to get a pair of Q8s and run all 4 chargers off of a pair of the 750w HP PSUs. I really like the way those binding posts look compared to just soldering a piece of wire to connect the 2 PSUs in series.
I don't remember the exact brand I purchased, but I bought a pack of "speaker terminals" from eBay. Something similar to these:

eBay Speaker Terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back