18$ duratrax trigger abuse test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
bout another set of these duratrax triggers..1st ones i bout months ago an they came apart on first run.they have good reviews so I decided to give them one more try.regluwd an vented outside of tires this time.great aggressive looking tire.will take on 1stRIPP after work today.im not going to take it easy on them.
SENTON6 MAX8/4082 LEOPARD W 18/46 GEARING ON 6S.will try a short video of run will update

20201223_205749.jpg

20201223_212911.jpg

20201223_212951.jpg

Screenshot_20201224-045821_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20201223_210053.jpg

Like the tires, should be fun in dirt or on grass!
Not to fond on the white rims though, would probably give them a quick black paint spray.
The rebrand of Duratrax (Louise) also has some nice belted (MFT) ST tires (ST Hummer/Pioneer/Uphill) maybe that’s an option if they non belted can’t handle the power.
4082 LEOPARD
Did you mount it with the M3 screws or did you tap it to M4 screws?

That's unfortunate, I've had zero issues with the triggers and the lockups.. I prefer them actually... out of the 2 I like the lockups a little more, on the black spoked rim option they look sweet..?

Not to fond on the white rims though, would probably give them a quick black paint spray.
The rebrand of Duratrax (Louise) also has some nice belted (MFT) ST tires (ST Hummer/Pioneer/Uphill) maybe that’s an option if they non belted can’t handle the power.

I didn't feel confident in drilling into a brand new motor,so I tried m3 and 30ish runs with zero issues,I've kept close eye on it an it has seamed to work for me...NOT ALL THAT IMPRESSED WITH THE LEOPARD 4082 2000KV.RUNS A LITTLE COOLER THAN STOCK.VERY LITTLE POWER DIFFERENCE ALSO.TP FOR ME NOW ON.⁹
That's unfortunate, I've had zero issues with the triggers and the lockups.. I prefer them actually... out of the 2 I like the lockups a little more, on the black spoked rim option they look sweet..?
Have u tried the mx m2s?????great tire

I didn't feel confident in drilling into a brand new motor,so I tried m3 and 30ish runs with zero issues,I've kept close eye on it an it has seamed to work for me...NOT ALL THAT IMPRESSED WITH THE LEOPARD 4082 2000KV.RUNS A LITTLE COOLER THAN STOCK.VERY LITTLE POWER DIFFERENCE ALSO.TP FOR ME NOW ON.⁹

Have u tried the mx m2s?????great tire

I have not.. I'm pretty stuck on the lockups, and they have been very reliable.. tread wear is minimal as well which I like..?

I thought Duratrax was the rebrand and Louise Rc was the OEM?

I thought Duratrax was the rebrand and Louise Rc was the OEM?
Not sure how the corporate/legal structure look like ? or which name was first, I thought in the USA it’s branded as Duratrax and in Europe (and Asia?) it’s Louise. I just call them Louise and try to mention it could also be Duratrax to avoid the question “Who is Louise”??

Not sure how the corporate/legal structure look like ? or which name was first, I thought in the USA it’s branded as Duratrax and in Europe (and Asia?) it’s Louise. I just call them Louise and try to mention it could also be Duratrax to avoid the question “Who is Louise”??
I'm not 100% sure on that either. First time I had ever seen the Louise tires was on Asia Tees then it took me like an entire year to realize they were the same as Duratrax.

However Louise has quite a few tires that Duratrax doesn't.

Not even a full pack.usely its one of the fronts to go first.not many tires can hang with this truck.hardrubber tears easy specialty when its 12 degrees outside

20201225_122018.jpg

20201225_122052.jpg

If I could find some belted 1/8 buggy tires I'd buy um for sure.guess ill stick to mx m2s.GOOD QUILTY TIRES ARE HARD TO COME BY..

My suggestion for running any tires is to take them off the rim, flip them inside out, and put tape on the inside diameter. That will give you internal belting. Use something strong like duct tape, gorilla tape, etc. Then to vent them, use a leather punch tool. Harbor freight has one for $6.99. Then glue with strong tire glue and let them cure for two days.

My suggestion for running any tires is to take them off the rim, flip them inside out, and put tape on the inside diameter. That will give you internal belting. Use something strong like duct tape, gorilla tape, etc. Then to vent them, use a leather punch tool. Harbor freight has one for $6.99. Then glue with strong tire glue and let them cure for two days.
I've seen guys take this a step father and wrap the inside, you can also do the outside, of the tires with Kevlar kite string or braided fishing line.

Have you tried the eBay cheapos? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-Big-Bl...851320?hash=item2f45a43138:g:L6wAAOSw2ENW73AI

I vented mine and run them on 6s on my Vorza all the time, I have had them for about 2 years now.
I vented them.my problem is I like to run stupid ignorant gearing,not alot tires can handle 20/50 on 6s.right now I'm running 18/46 2000kv 6s =HIGH TIRE RPMS===TIRE DESTRUCTION.i always wanna go faster,definitely don't want to go slower.planning on throwing the max6 and tp4050-2100kv in senton6 an trying out senton on 8s just to do it.(SENTON 8S) in the near future, will definitely have video.ive never seen or heard of a senton 8s..love doing crazy rc things.thinking bout trying to get into the 100mph club with notorious.she is in the middle of a rebuild now.

20201225_050302.jpg

20201225_050333.jpg

20201225_050419.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back