17mm tools don't fit in Duratrax lug holes. Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rando

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Neither my lug wrench or a 17mm socket will fit in the recess where the lug nut goes on these Duratrax wheels. I was able to tighten them with a pair of needle nose pliers but it's a pain in the butt. Is there a tool, or maybe longer lug nuts that will make this easier?

20220609_180023.jpg

I don’t recall on which car I had this issue but I solved it at that time by sanding off the “17” off the side of the stock lug wrench

You need a thin wall hex. I think this will work. I'm also pretty sure @Velodromed has had this issue...maybe he can link the hex tool he bought.

17mm Wheel Hex Sleeve Wrench for 1/8 RC Traxxas Car Tires (Red, Set of 1) https://a.co/d/gAbFe1C

Last edited:
I have a lathe at work and have machined down almost all of my stock tools so they fit. The worst ones for me were the proline 6-30 to 17mm adapters, even some thin walled 17mm sockets are too large of a diameter to really fit.

I'll give that Hobbypark wrench a try. Thanks for all the suggestions, folks.

I don’t recall on which car I had this issue but I solved it at that time by sanding off the “17” off the side of the stock lug wrench
I had to do the same thing for my Proline Badlands MX28s on F-11 wheels.

You need a thin wall hex. I think this will work. I'm also pretty sure @Velodromed has had this issue...maybe he can link the hex tool he bought.

17mm Wheel Hex Sleeve Wrench for 1/8 RC Traxxas Car Tires (Red, Set of 1) https://a.co/d/gAbFe1C
My issue was depth more then width but this one may fit. It’s definitely thinner walled then the goofy ‘plus’ tool that comes stock. I hate those.

7A02DC7B-88D3-450D-A57B-20B95AEBE0D5.png

Yeah I’m late to the party I see…😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back