Typhon 107mm white compound Hoons suck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really sure. I only took them up to 70 mph... They might handle 100 mph, but I don't want to be the tester for higher speeds :LOL:
You pusillanimous coward!! lol :LOL:

I own one functioning car and one ESC. I have to take care of it!!!!
I feel ya bro, I was just clowning. I'm in a playful mood today. I paid $135 for my four Powerhobby Grippers (no one in Europe sells them). I'm not too keen on testing how fast they can go before they fly apart. I do think I took them to 90ish when I took the Porsche 917K out for a test drive though. They feel like pretty solid tires.

oh ya I know man, I have yet to see you not in a playful mood :LOL:
I tend to avoid human contact when I'm not. Dunno, just doesn't feel right inflicting myself on others in that state.

The common theme I see on driving reviews is that the car handles worse with miss matched sets. Everyone seems to prefer the infraction handling over the felony.

I hated the handling of the felony type setup with the 1/7 Hobao VTE.
Traction was pretty decent, but not as good as the GRP S1.

Tried a drift and the car rolled scuffing up my pretty Ferrari body (shocked it would do that being so low)

View attachment 225266

View attachment 225263
I've said it before and will say it again...love the stance on this rig. if anyone follows post on my rigs, stance and look are drivers for me....man you killed it even the rear is flush with the body!!

I've said it before and will say it again...love the stance on this rig. if anyone follows post on my rigs, stance and look are drivers for me....man you killed it even the rear is flush with the body!!
Yes, agreed. That’s a beautiful car.

Yeah coming from the car hobby getting your wheel offset just right to line up with the fender was a big deal. Dropping 2200.00 just on the alloy wheels was a common occurrence to get the forged Volk/ Rays Engineering wheels that look just right!

I ended up needing to cut that rear fender more when actually using the body, but for a shelf queen it was spot on.
My Display chassis that I have been working on allows you to get that wheel offset just right every time via the adjustable arms, which reminded me I need to finish up that project....

Capture2.PNG

Yeah coming from the car hobby getting your wheel offset just right to line up with the fender was a big deal. Dropping 2200.00 just on the alloy wheels was a common occurrence to get the forged Volk/ Rays Engineering wheels that look just right!

I ended up needing to cut that rear fender more when actually using the body, but for a shelf queen it was spot on.
My Display chassis that I have been working on allows you to get that wheel offset just right every time via the adjustable arms, which reminded me I need to finish up that project....

View attachment 225616
Yes, for a 1/1 the measurements need to be spot-on. I’ve ordered so many sets of forged 3-piece Fikse and BBS Motorsport wheels for Porsche projects that I’ve lost count. There are still leftover rim halves in my barn after making last minute changes at the track, usually quite late at night, so the gold chain wearing Aqua Velva set could have their moment of glory in tomorrows Club Race. Honestly, I miss the gig and I miss the cars but I do not miss approximately 97% of the clients. They should just go get a Corvette, a divorce, and a 20 year-old Barbie bride and get it over with.

Yes, for a 1/1 the measurements need to be spot-on. I’ve ordered so many sets of forged 3-piece Fikse and BBS Motorsport wheels for Porsche projects that I’ve lost count. There are still leftover rim halves in my barn after making last minute changes at the track, usually quite late at night, so the gold chain wearing Aqua Velva set could have their moment of glory in tomorrows Club Race. Honestly, I miss the gig and I miss the cars but I do not miss approximately 97% of the clients. They should just go get a Corvette, a divorce, and a 20 year-old Barbie bride and get it over with.

Let's just say one was so included to do just that.... where might one find
Uhhhhh never mind

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

Let's just say one was so included to do just that.... where might one find
Uhhhhh never mind

Suspicious Family Matters GIF
Why, in Dallas of course!
Two things I miss about Texas, the food and the girls.

Why, in Dallas of course!
Two things I miss about Texas, the food and the girls.

We have been talking about moving further north for cooler climates mountains.... Biggest hesitation isn't leaving family, it is the Tex-Mex we would be leaving :LOL:

We have been talking about moving further north for cooler climates mountains.... Biggest hesitation isn't leaving family, it is the Tex-Mex we would be leaving :LOL:
God I miss Tex-Mex...the Chili Relleno and Carne Guisada at Chuy's were to die for. Slap a few dirty Mexican Martinis on the side...Ooh heaven is a place on earth.

I hated the hoons and grp. First off they looked ridiculously small on my stock typhon and like you said they had zero grip. Complete waste of money imo.

God I miss Tex-Mex...the Chili Relleno and Carne Guisada at Chuy's were to die for. Slap a few dirty Mexican Martinis on the side...Ooh heaven is a place on earth.
Yup, me too man. Tex-Mex in Texas is an epic experience. I miss it as well, but fortunately I’m a good chef. I’m still happily married for over 30 years now, so I can’t really expound too much on the Texas girls down there, but daaaaaaamn!

Any idea what speed the Grippers are up for? Beyond knowing that they’re belted I don’t have any knowledge of them. Think they’d be good up to 100?

I've done up to about 85 mph on them with zero problems. I use them when I drag race the wifey. I'm willing to bet they can handle 100.

I've done up to about 85 mph on them with zero problems. I use them when I drag race the wifey. I'm willing to bet they can handle 100.
That’s great, thanks. I think the limit with this car is going to be eighty-ish anyway, so it sounds like they’ll be in a safe envelope. Looking forward to trying them.
I hated the hoons and grp. First off they looked ridiculously small on my stock typhon and like you said they had zero grip. Complete waste of money imo.
I’ll try the 100mm Hoons and see if I like them any better. I wouldn’t be using GRP’s for bashing, but they’re essential for speed runs. Welcome to the forum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back