What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for kicking in my PTSD, can't stand those trucks. I was at a Chevy dealer when those were new.

Born in '86, so technically a millennial, I think and act more like an Xer though. There are many of us who were right on the line of being Xers and Millennials but act and think more like y'all, we're not all retarded. Can I be an honorary Xer?
Absolutely. Yeah, not all millennials and Gen Z are bad. Just like not all Gen X are good 😂😅. Come right in! 👍

Just out of curiosity, why aren’t you running that servo with that 4s LiIon sitting there?
It's kinda big and bulky, and finding a good stable place to mount it is a bit difficult with this setup. If this doesn't work, I'll fabricate a mount and use the battery.

Is that a ProModeler DS1885? I thought I was the only person in history to buy one! 😂. Thats my filthy DBXLE on his website in the installation photos.
Yessir. I got the reversed one for my XRT too. What an awesome servo.

Can anyone guess what I’m planning to put in the stock typhon chassis it’s going to take a little bit of work that a 1717 motor

AC40C830-0C9C-4AAD-9271-D42A53944465.jpeg

40891887-DB51-4D9A-95BD-800EFF1152FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Of course look at where the motor mount is

XLX2 and 2028 1700

I’ve been looking at how to fit a 2028 and a XLX2 in it and keep the typhon body some what stock
Don’t forget to leave room for the LiPo’s. 🤔 You’ve accepted a pretty difficult challenge there for an SWB, especially if you’re keeping it narrow and not going GT width. Got a build thread going for that thing? I’d like to follow your progress!

Don’t forget to leave room for the LiPo’s. 🤔 You’ve accepted a pretty difficult challenge there for an SWB, especially if you’re keeping it narrow and not going GT width. Got a build thread going for that thing? I’d like to follow your progress!
I have to cut the body and add 2 1/2in that’s the hard part

Hot water heater blew up, I'll be working on that fuggin thing for w few....:mad::rolleyes:

View attachment 366701

I know little about homes, so let me ask where the catch pan is at the bottom if it leaks so water can run out to a PCV pipe outside.

I know little about homes, so let me ask where the catch pan is at the bottom if it leaks so water can run out to a PCV pipe outside.
Fortunately, there's a silver lining: my basement features a floor drain that is close(y)
Time to go tankless.
Upon careful consideration, the drawbacks of the situation, notably Nitro's demanding instantaneously HOT-water-family overshadows the benefits such as tankless.

I need 2 grunts now to take the new one downstairs and bring up the old pile. :LOL: 175lbs and 14 stairs, no thanks alone.

Hot water heater blew up, I'll be working on that fuggin thing for w few....:mad::rolleyes:

View attachment 366701
Jeez, doesn't even look old either? I suppose I'll avoid that brand when the time comes.. I dread having to replace mine, it's in a doorless closet with pipes running across the opening in front of it a foot off the floor.. it will have to be lifted up and over those pipes. Grr.. good luck brother.

Jeez, doesn't even look old either? I suppose I'll avoid that brand when the time comes.. I dread having to replace mine, it's in a doorless closet with pipes running across the opening in front of it a foot off the floor.. it will have to be lifted up and over those pipes. Grr.. good luck brother.
Lasted 10 years. I've had one last 15-16 years before, all depends on how hot you like to keep it and how the home is routed. Takes a while currently to deliver hot upstairs. I actually upgraded to a 50 GAL (which should have been in this house from the beginning) from a 40. Builders keeping cookie cutter homes down in price, I guess. Back to work now ugh..

Lasted 10 years. I've had one last 15-16 years before, all depends on how hot you like to keep it and how the home is routed. Takes a while currently to deliver hot upstairs. I actually upgraded to a 50 GAL (which should have been in this house from the beginning) from a 40. Builders keeping cookie cutter homes down in price, I guess. Back to work now ugh..
Oh, I see, it looks newer than 10YO. I suppose 10 years is likely average these days. I have been in my house for nearly 13 years, well water.. 50 gallon, set to "melt skin" hot too. LOL. I'm sure I'm close to needing one.. hopefully not this year.🤞

View attachment 366701

What a Headache!
I know what you're going through.

Had the exact same thing happen to us during Cov!d
(Our tank was original to the house.. from the look of it. It lasted about 21years... So I can't complain too much about that..)

(Luckily) It took a long piss right in the garage (instead of in the attic like some of the new house constructions these days...
(Even with a catch pan it would have caused an issue, if elsewhere inside the house...)

Ours is a Gas water heater..
SO, heads up for those of you who may now know >>>
Per Building Code - when installing a Gas unit, you MUST elevate it up minimum of 18" off the floor in case there's a gas leak, because the natural gas settle downwards and you Don't want that pilot flame in your gas water heater to accidentally ignite a gas leak..

Our new WH is raised 21" off the garage floor and I installed a CO&Smoke detector with Voice right next to the thing , just to be extra precautious.

Also added an expansion tank to it, hopefully to give it a bit more life longevity.

What a Headache!

(Our tank was original to the house.. from the look of it. It lasted about 21years... So I can't complain too much about that..)

(Luckily) It took a long piss right in the garage (instead of in the attic like some of the new house constructions these days...
(Even with a catch pan it would have caused an issue, if elsewhere inside the house...)

Per Building Code - when installing a Gas unit, you MUST elevate it up minimum of 18" off the floor in case there's a gas leak, because the natural gas settle downwards and you Don't want that pilot flame in your gas water heater to accidentally ignite a gas leak..

Our new WH is raised 21" off the garage floor and I installed a CO&Smoke detector with Voice right next to the thing , just to be extra precautious.

Also added an expansion tank to it, hopefully to give it a bit more life longevity.
I got the expansion tank with this one, have to reroute pipes, this tank is much taller and wider being a 50gal. I picked up some copper and got some beefy new valves to rerun too. New tank is in the basement, old is out. Time to start making up new cuss words..

EDIT: I have gas detectors in the basement for that, also have water sensors on the sump.

PS:
Regarding the weight..
The Old water heater tank was surprisingly light (ONCE) you drain the entire thing Completely..

I'm guessing even with all the silt and crud in the bottom of that tank.. it probably weighed ~135lb, I was able to bear hug it down off its pedestal by myself..

(I was a little worried that it woulda been heavier.. and might tip over and crushed me flat on the floor..
Death by water heater...)

What a Headache!

This is good info. I moved into a new build Aug, and I went tankless, so not sure what to expect. Having a normal gas hot water tank all my life but the one I do have got me 12yrs before it died, and my family likes hot water, so temps were a bit higher

My tankless is in the attic, which, to your point, I do not like because water can still miss the pan..seen that happen before. I have a water sensor in the pan, but I want to install a smart device that will shut off the water valve if a leak is detected. So, I need to begin researching that. It is set to 120f but I moved it to 125F really I can move it back to 120.

Aug is 1yr, so I was told I need to service a tankless yearly. I need to see what that is like. Luckily, my children are out of the house, so empty rooms with no water usage, and my girls can kill some water. Wife and I use what we need so this tank will not work as hard as it did in my last house.

Back