What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you drive? SJ.
My dd (and yes it's because I want to) is a '95 Accord EX coupe, manual trans. I paid $100 for this car. Original engine and trans with over 600k on it. ODO stopped at 298 and change years ago. I love this car, I have 9 vehicles and none are newer than a '05. I've never known what it's like to have a car payment, and never will.

They don't make em like they use to. Wish I still had my 99 4Runner. Got rear ended & it was totaled.
It's crazy how easy it is to total a vehicle, especially nowadays. Some vehicles we get at the shop, I just can't see how they thought it was a total loss.

Last edited:
It's crazy how easy it is to total a vehicle, especially nowadays. Some vehicles we get at the shop, I just can't see how they thought it was a total lose.
I drove it home. Rear end was out of wack & tracked sideways, tailgate didn't shut correctly but it was drive able. Ins Co totaled it. 305k on it. That was 7-8 years ago. I was 2nd owner & got it at 106k.

They don't make em like they use to. Wish I still had my 99 4Runner. Got rear ended & it was totaled.
That would be a bummer. Toyotas like those are legendary. Was in my Chevy Beretta when some speeding yayhoo in a full sized van used my car as a brake. Driver's side back smashed and the whole side he skimmed against. Was old, but insurance felt it would be a crying shame to total such a mint car with low miles, so I got it repaired. I miss my 84' Plymouth Gran Fury. First car. But, I swear, some people purposely run into you to ruin what you have. Usually happens when you shine em' up nice. Someone put a muddy footprint on my Beretta's freshly detailed paint in the parking lot. Had my vehicle keyed for being all pretty in the lots too.

Last edited:
That would be a bummer. Toyotas like those are legendary. I miss my 84' Plymouth Gran Fury. First car. Had no rust when I got it in late summer of 97.' 318 2bbl, then remanufactured 318 4bbl, then 440 TNT big block with 727. Wasn't practical after that. Had to go. Gas mileage and kept snapping the differential. That deceptive boxy thing could CORNER with added leaf springs at the back and front torsion bar front suspension adjusted with an air wrench. Open the hood and people would gasp "holy $h*t, what you got in that thing!?"
440/727 is a heck of a combo.

UGH! Needed a new system for the KXL. It sucks after getting the first max8 g2 sensored setup I feel like I need to swap them all to sensored.

1715996581452.png

We sold our 2006 wrangler, it was way fun at 1st, then went down hill pretty fast.
What, may I ask, are you currently driving? I worked at a Chrysler Dodge jeep specific shop for almost 3 years and I can say without a doubt, there are more inherent design flaws and crazy electrical issues than any other manufacture.

Some of the daily routine working at a jeep shop. 4.7L with spun bearing.
20161110_112844.jpg

5.7L roller rocker failiure, destroyed the cam. The parts for this went on intergalactic backorder for a good long while.
20161128_133735.jpg
20161128_133125.jpg

Last edited:
What, may I ask, are you currently driving? I worked at a Chrysler Dodge jeep specific shop for almost 3 years and I can say without a doubt, there are more inherent design flaws and crazy electrical issues than any other manufacture.

Some of the daily routine working at a jeep shop. 4.7L with spun bearing. View attachment 367018
5.7L roller rocker failiure, destroyed the cam. The parts for this went on intergalactic backorder for a good long while.View attachment 367022View attachment 367023
No. :cool:

The one thing I really liked about my 97 TJ was the inline 6 cyl. 4.0L. of course they discontinued that motor in latter years.
Dang emissions, they decided to drop the 3.8 out of the Caravan down in it. Spun bottom end bearings galore, no clue how many of those I had to do engine work on.

Gonna push my 04 liberty to 300k miles. It's got 231k and running strong so far. Although I could afford a new vehicle, there is nothing that appeals to me. There all junk!! And I'm not paying those ridiculous prices. At least I can work on my liberty.

Gonna push my 04 liberty to 300k miles. It's got 231k and running strong so far. Although I could afford a new vehicle, there is nothing that appeals to me. There all junk!! And I'm not paying those ridiculous prices. At least I can work on my liberty.
Those things are solid. One got chased by the cops through my subdivision. Torn everything up. Every yard on my street. Took out mailboxes, including ours.

Back