Outcast Reentering the hobby and I want an Outcast 4S v2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, i will add the m2c bash bar to my order. I will see how the servo and it´s saver will behave and start upgrading if something brakes. Any recommendations on servo and saver? Kimborough(?) is not available in my country i guess.
I'm running the kimbrough in mine with a protek 370tbl I had laying around. I prefer the reefs 500hd but decided to use the protek instead. The steering on them out of the box leaves a lot to be desired. With that said even after upgrading the steering it's so wheelie happy turning under acceleration is dang near impossible

I'm running the kimbrough in mine with a protek 370tbl I had laying around. I prefer the reefs 500hd but decided to use the protek instead. The steering on them out of the box leaves a lot to be desired. With that said even after upgrading the steering it's so wheelie happy turning under acceleration is dang near impossible
Same here kimbrough servo. Great steering off throttle only. People are using the Treal aluminum servo savor for the Losi Gravedigger monster truck TR2N

Is this steering circumstance / "problem" on the Outcast comparable to the Kraton / the whole 4S line (beside the different wheel base)?

Is this steering circumstance / "problem" on the Outcast comparable to the Kraton / the whole 4S line (beside the different wheel base)?
Yes, just a weak servo savor. Kraton is a little worse,longer chassi.

Same here kimbrough servo. Great steering off throttle only. People are using the Treal aluminum servo savor for the Losi Gravedigger monster truck TR2N
I've seen where people are doing that. I have the treal savers for my losi lmt trucks. I haven't done it simply because what all is involved vs the actual reward I can't see being that much better. Especially on a truck that lifts the front end with the blip of the throttle.

Doesn't matter if you have the strongest servo in the world with direct steering connect. You will have major oversteer on deceleration and severe understeer during any acceleration with a wheelbase wider than it is long @ 1/10 scale. It's a one trick pony, meant to go straight with high centrifugal forces and turn around a school bus to repeat...

Love my Notorious, but only with smaller wheels that make it somewhat dynamic.

IMG_2376.jpeg

It’s 13” Long x 17” wide for scale reference, my SCT/SCBs are 16-17” long and only 12-13” wide for high-speed stability/corner turn-in response.

Last edited:
I think the combination of 3S steering with 6"+ diameter tires is not going to be resolved with a servo. Just trying to steer with the much centrifugal weight spinning is difficult. I have been eyeing metal steering, but that is a lot of money to replace a $3 part. I absolutely love my 3s trucks but only see 4s as a stop gap in the product line. I would much rather get something with the next step up vs spending upgrade money for middle of the road durability.

What do you mean exactly with durability, do you thing the 4S trucks won't last as long as the 6S versions because of their nearly all composite material?

I am sorry as english is not my native language, so I have to ask some stupid things, maybe.. :p

Last edited:
What do you mean exactly with durability, do you thing the 4S trucks won't last as long as the 6S versions because of their nearly all composite material?

I am sorry as english is not my native language, so I have to ask some stupid things, maybe.. :p
The 6s line is what makes ARRMA so great. Has beefier gears and such. It's the balls to speak. 🏁 💥.

To be honest - I want to be optimistic and would drive this car the next upcoming years. I could afford a lot of models, but I don't want to. I want to grab my new rc card and have fun with it and with my family or friends. I don't talk about their maintenance, that is something I do repeatly (even on my planes and helicopters). The Kraton 6S was a money desaster back then.

I just want to have fun, on long term.

I agree with blaster the 6s line is beefier. But on the other hand they all break, they all require maintenance, they all will only withstand so much of said abuse. 6s will probably handle more abuse but is also more costly to fix. Honestly I don't think you will go wrong with whatever you decide on. I have the 4s outcast and I have a kraton 6s exb v2/rtr. I love both of them and couldn't really pick one all out over the other because both are fun as hell in their own way

To be honest - I want to be optimistic and would drive this car the next upcoming years. I could afford a lot of models, but I don't want to. I want to grab my new rc card and have fun with it and with my family or friends. I don't talk about their maintenance, that is something I do repeatly (even on my planes and helicopters). The Kraton 6S was a money desaster back then.

I just want to have fun, on long term.

My plastic chassis arrma are a money disasters. Most RC are money disasters lol.

Doesn't matter if you have the strongest servo in the world with direct steering connect. You will have major oversteer on deceleration and severe understeer during any acceleration with a wheelbase wider than it is long @ 1/10 scale. It's a one trick pony, meant to go straight with high centrifugal forces and turn around a school bus to repeat...

Love my Notorious, but only with smaller wheels that make it somewhat dynamic.

View attachment 367693

It’s 13” Long x 17” wide for scale reference, my SCT/SCBs are 16-17” long and only 12-13” wide for high-speed stability/corner turn-in response.
Can diff fluid ratios help with that at all? Thicker/thinner F&R? Center? If say, 60/500/30 would be the 'standard' & smaller LP's help. (Noto as a example)

Back