Outcast Reentering the hobby and I want an Outcast 4S v2.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello there,

after a small break for a few years I want to get back into the hobby with an Outcast 4S v2.5. I am not a basher and do not big jumps, just want to have some fun on the track.

As I want to start over: Is the power on 3S batteries suitable for a beginner or should I start right with 4S on the beginning?
As I said, I am not a basher - but makes the m2c bash bar sense to make it more bullet proof? And makes the extra weight of the bar a difference in durability to the drive train as it has to pull more weight?

Thank you and kindly regards!
In all honesty that 4s v2 is a well built stock stunt truck. Definitely get the center brace but out the box it’s served me well. don't bother with the 3s

So guys. I really can´t decide.. And the longer i think about which car to get, the harder it gets.

I totally understand the point that a Kraton 4S v2.5 may suit my needs better because of it´s greater stability / longer wheel base. But the Outcast 4S - it is a so cool looking car, especially in the available colors!! And yes, i sometimes also decide because of the optical presentation. :D

What i fear about in the end: I order an Outcast and will notice that it is not the right one on the track (at least for me). Watched so many videos now with both. Both seem to take a ride on a track for sure (especially the Kraton), the Outcast will be more nervous for sure. But is it "unusable" for a simple track run with some jumps here and there? On the other hand i can see me gliding through a skatepark in the future.. I hate those decisions! :p

Last edited:
Outcast 4s all the way. It will be fine on a track. Competition no way, racing with some friends YES. And you can always convert it to a kraton for cheap. Only a center support, chassi and a body of your liking not a kraton body. Outcast all the way!

The "good" thing is that i don´t have to make the decision now, so i have a few days more to think about the final decision. I guess that doesn´t make it easier! :p

Keep in mind that the major components in the 4S lineup are interchangeable, so you can always swap out the Outcast chassis for the Kraton 's if/when you feel like having More stability later.

The m2c bashbar (for Kraton or Outcast) - a must have (for a noob like me) or a ney? Or can i spend the money for something different? Can imagine how cool this bar looks underneath a gun metal Outcast..... :love:

It's all up to you really..
If you don't stunt all that much/hard the bar may not be needed.

I have the m2c bar under mine, I don't think I have any pics with it on there but it has had the hell beat out of it and held up 🤌🏻 I'll try and remember to get some pics of it this evening when i get home. If I was to recommend anything for the Outcast out of the box it's a better steering servo and servo saver. And the m2c bash bar if you're going to start sending it. And upgrade the fans because the stock ones suck and these trucks are pretty sealed off as far as free flow of air goes

Okay, i will add the m2c bash bar to my order. I will see how the servo and it´s saver will behave and start upgrading if something brakes. Any recommendations on servo and saver? Kimborough(?) is not available in my country i guess.

Back