Senton Metal Upgrade Differential Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello Everyone, I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem. I have purchased ARA31154, ARA311152 and ARA311153. I have put everything together and it seems to turn fine but at about 95% of turning everything it seems to feel like something is catching. I am using the stock ARAC4059 differential yoke set with this set up. If you can let me know what I am missing. Please let me know. Thank you to all of you.

Hello WakJoko, it is currently 20,000.
Try to spin your diff & input gear in the yoke without installed to gearbox. If its move freely i suspect the planetaty gear inside the diff is grinding each other to ur output gear. If thats case try to pull the output gear both side using plier to make more gap between the planetary gears inside the diff.

Yes, first check if the diff spins freely by itself. If it doesn’t, check the inside gears for nicks, cuts and make sure the bearing is ok. Also make sure the pins are fully seated.

If the diff spins freely by itself, but sticks once it’s in the yoke, the most likely culprit is the yoke. Stock plastic yokes don’t have the tightest tolerances. The fit can vary quite a bit. Shims can help. If you are getting stuck, a shim to push the diff and input gear further apart will loosen things up.

Another solution is a metal yoke. I use Hot Racing. Combined with a metal diff, it rolls SO much smoother than stock plastic. (I’ve also tried GPM, not recommended, it didn’t fit the chassis.)

Finally, clean your gears. The input gear and diff are tightly fit. Even small grains of sand/dirt can cause a snag. Even excessive grease can create resistance.

Last edited:
Back