Limitless Input Shaft Cup Sleeve on a diet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
IMG_1025.jpeg

The sleeve on the left is the original stock sleeve that came with the car. The sleeve on the right is the spare part I ordered and is listed in the shoppable exploded view, ARA311151. Made me think I ordered the wrong part!

Cost cutting?

View attachment 364170

The sleeve on the left is the original stock sleeve that came with the car. The sleeve on the right is the spare part I ordered and is listed in the shoppable exploded view, ARA311151. Made me think I ordered the wrong part!

Cost cutting?
Huh, learned something here. That doesn't exist on the Limitless V1, but the differentials are different too.

What's the point of the ring, it doesn't look like there are threads on it?

Yup it's weird. The original one which is thicker presumably holds some of the grub screw. This thinner one - not a lot for the grub screw to grab.

Speaking of sleeves, I had to mutilate one today. After months of racing, the sleeve had managed to rotate and get stuck in a position where the hole in the sleeve did not line up with the set screw. Had to (carefully) drill a hole to get to the screw so I could reach it with the driver and remove it and remove the cup.

If I drilled out the hex on the set screw that would have been a major pain! 😳

IMG_1039.jpeg

Even with the new cup though, there’s still some slop with the input gear (both front and back). I think it’s time to check and maybe re-shim the diffs.

Back