Breaking M2C CVD Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the diffs dialed in pretty good and only experience minimal ballooning..but yeh they are pretty soft.
I'm surprised you experience minimal ballooning with trenchers, thats like what they're known for. Makes me think your punch is not too high after all! :ROFLMAO:

I'm surprised you experience minimal ballooning with trenchers, thats like what they're known for. Makes me think your punch is not too high after all! :ROFLMAO:
I do...but not as bad after I got the diffs figured out 😂

Same thing happened to me this weekend. Pins snapped off one of the two M2C 310926B Overkills I had on rear axle. These things feel and look indestructible, but clearly are not. I think one has to be very mindful of binding given the thickness vs. stock.

I had 10+ runs on these before pins snapped. I did, however, change my driving pattern the day the pins broke. I hadn't done any jumps for a while so decided to try out a nearby soccer field that has a nice 1ft grass bump to control storm drainage. Jumped it about 5-6 times, then snap! The final jump went fine, but as I was coming around again I noticed I only had 3-wheel drive.

Droop screws are installed - I tested no binding on full shock extension after getting the M2C's. To test the other way, I pushed down so chassis dragged on the ground - again, no binding. I was also super careful about landing at neutral throttle. Again, my max "air" was no more than 1ft.

It can't be a coincidence this happened when I tried jumping again, but it's frustrating having no idea what I did wrong.

Edit: punch was set to 80% on the XLX2
so 20% punch control? since it's reversed on castle esc. I'm curious what tires you're using too.

Also they're on my OC not Kraton so it flips easier obviously.
True that! I actually don't think I tried them on the o8s but I just recently tried them on the xmaxx and they were awesome! I had them collecting dust before that because I was scared to put them on my arrmas again :ROFLMAO:

True that! I actually don't think I tried them on the o8s but I just recently tried them on the xmaxx and they were awesome! I had them collecting dust before that because I was scared to put them on my arrmas again :ROFLMAO:
Or..I'll leave the esc like it is and just put some Back Flip's on 🤙🏼

so 20% punch control? since it's reversed on castle esc. I'm curious what tires you're using too.
Eh, not sure. My first and only surface ESC 🙂.
On XLX2 it's:
100% = LEAST accel/power
0% = MOST accel/power

Anything below 80% is too touchy for my taste.

There's also a separate "Start Power" setting which I always keep on "Low" (the lowest notch).

Eh, not sure. My first and only surface ESC 🙂.
On XLX2 it's:
100% = LEAST accel/power
0% = MOST accel/power

Anything below 80% is too touchy for my taste.

There's also a separate "Start Power" setting which I always keep on "Low" (the lowest notch).
wow so you actually have it on 80% control! thats crazy that you're still breaking m2c dog bones. What tires are you running? man you guys have me feeling extremely thankful I'm not having this problem. :eek:

Well dang that's what I was hoping would fix my issues. I have a Max 5 800kv and DO have the punch turned all the way up. That being said I hardly ever get to full trigger pull, especially right before a jump or landing 🤷🏻‍♂️
I would just admit if I thought it was my poor driving 🧐
Were you doing any sort of jumps when it broke or just the wheelies?

Were you doing any sort of jumps when it broke or just the wheelies?
First time wheelie when it happened. Second time I was jumping but landing on all four, off throttle.

wow so you actually have it on 80% control! thats crazy that you're still breaking m2c dog bones. What tires are you running? man you guys have me feeling extremely thankful I'm not having this problem. :eek:
Oops forgot to add that to last post - I'm still running the belted Mashers
First time wheelie when it happened. Second time I was jumping but landing on all four, off throttle.
My jumps were just as tame. I think jumping was the cause though. I just don't know why.🤔

Hate to pile on M2C here….and I wasn’t going to share because I’m a big supporter and have spent swell over 2k on their parts…….but here’s my story.
Bought 5 sets of the Sure-Loc wheel nuts for my rigs. Not cheap 44$canadian a set.
These things WILL NOT STAY ON MY ON MY WHEELS!

Im so phucking dissapointed. I’ve lost about 6 of them since I’ve installed them. I even tried lock tite with them. I’m at a loss for words here.

Ive never had wheel nuts come off like this……ever.
Im heading back to the cheap Hot Racing ones.

Hate to pile on M2C here….and I wasn’t going to share because I’m a big supporter and have spent swell over 2k on their parts…….but here’s my story.
Bought 5 sets of the Sure-Loc wheel nuts for my rigs. Not cheap 44$canadian a set.
These things WILL NOT STAY ON MY ON MY WHEELS!

Im so phucking dissapointed. I’ve lost about 6 of them since I’ve installed them. I even tried lock tite with them. I’m at a loss for words here.

Ive never had wheel nuts come off like this……ever.
Im heading back to the cheap Hot Racing ones.
Oof. That's terrible. I have trouble getting the stock Arrma ones OFF.

That sucks man! I have a set of the sure loc "Lugs" cause the regular nuts were hard to get on and off the trenchers, couple months still on. I too have spent around 2k plus..😳

Oops forgot to add that to last post - I'm still running the belted Mashers

My jumps were just as tame. I think jumping was the cause though. I just don't know why.🤔
wow 80% punch control + mashers and still breaking m2c overkills. That is NUTS to me! just absolutely wild. Those are literally some of the lightest tires you can run on these rigs. How in the world does that even happen.

Just to be clear...I'm breaking the pins. NOT the actual drive shaft.
Same here. Reading a few related threads...I did not realize it was possible to replace the pins. Doesn't look easy, but I might give it a try.

Question for you and others: do your drive cups show any signs of wear? Mine have a little indentation where the pins touch. Can't be a good thing, but I'm trying to think what effect that has on the pins, if any.

Here's a video of my unworn drive cups. Also I wanted to add/ask...the pins are the same size as the ones that come out of the stock cvd's correct?? If so wouldn't that naturally be the new weak point?

Just got a reply from M2C and they are literally just giving up on me after 1 return..and a handful of emails. A mix up on their end causing over a week delay. I have been patient and respectful. I was even kissing their ass in the first couple emails. More bees with honey..right? I never asked for anything for free. Not sure what to do except look for other options before just blindly going with them from now on. RCAWD here I come. Vitavon and Walmart collab 👍🏼. Hot Racing, Treal, GPM, Ironman RC, Scorched, CRC Upgrades and anyone I'm forgetting, here I come! 💰💵😂

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 9.38.02 AM.png

Last edited:
Here's a video of my unworn drive cups. Also I wanted to add/ask...the pins are the same size as the ones that come out of the stock cvd's correct?? If so wouldn't that naturally be the new weak point?

Just got a reply from M2C and they are literally just giving up on me after 1 return..and a handful of emails. A mix up on their end causing over a week delay. I have been patient and respectful. I was even kissing their ass in the first couple emails. More bees with honey..right? I never asked for anything for free. Not sure what to do except look for other options before just blindly going with them from now on. RCAWD here I come. Vitavon and Walmart collab 👍🏼. Hot Racing, Treal, GPM, Ironman RC, Scorched, CRC Upgrades and anyone I'm forgetting, here I come! 💰💵😂

View attachment 305403
m2c support can definitely be hit or miss. I was the first person to have problems with the xrt m2c bellcrank and after I told them my problem I basically got "wow" as my reply and zero help. Weeks later I see someone else on YouTube making a video about it and talking about how m2c replace it for him.

Then few more weeks later they come out with brand new revised part. I was mad as Holy hell I had bought 3 of the bellcranks and my emails had been respectful as well. I never even asked for a replacement and sent pics and info trying to actually be helpful with my experience so they can improve the product. They acted like l was a one off case and dismissed me yet here we are now with them having a revision that fixed exactly what I brought to their attention.

I'd be pissed if I were you too. I remember them having it posted that you get 3 strikes basically with a part warranty and they struck you out on first try. Extremely inconsistent and bad attitudes! I hate I've still spent money with them tbh but sometimes it's the best option. I just won't sing their praises anymore.

Man that's crazy. I remember when you were going through that. As I stated before, these pins are the same size as the stock ones 🤷🏻‍♂️ I am going sit on this one for a while today before I reply to them. I don't want my emotions to get involved.

Back