You know you're old if...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Internet find. Man I miss going to the dragstrip. Atlanta Dragway closed down.

View attachment 363436
Yea, drag strips and race tracks in general has been closing all over the country. New development pops up and before you know it, they are complaining about the noise, soon there after, track closes. It's sad, Cletus McFarland owns a strip, and has been fighting this very battle.

I am lucky in that there are several good tracks near me, I feel for all of y'all that are suffering.

Yea, drag strips and race tracks in general has been closing all over the country. New development pops up and before you know it, they are complaining about the noise, soon there after, track closes. It's sad, Cletus McFarland owns a strip, and has been fighting this very battle.

I am lucky in that there are several good tracks near me, I feel for all of y'all that are suffering.
Yep. Supposedly a apartment developer was going to put in a complex & a 'planned community' thing. I've heard bunch of stuff. Well the soil survey failed. It sits near & basically on a swamp type land. So it sits. Last I heard nothing was going to happen. But that a few fellas were trying to lease it & get the business license & county commissions to give way for 1/8 mile part time.

IMG_5256.jpeg

'Don't feed me a lack of fiber. You won't like me when I'm constipated.'

Dang right! Big Block 440

View attachment 363812
Ah yeah! I had an 84' Plymouth Gran Fury with a TNT 440 from a 70' Chrysler 300 that reminded me of Uncle Buck's car. It was a donor. Could see the road through the floor pans. Like Fred Flintstone's car. Engine was completely rebuilt though. 480ftlbs. Freight train torque. Would throw a touch of gravel just basically idling into 2nd gear. Was my first car. Teens these days won't have a daily driver like that anymore.

Last edited:
Tore apart an estes rocket engine and lit it. Burned off eyelashes, eyebrows and front of scalp. Classmates thought I had face cancer.
I glued fins and a straw to an Estes rocket engine. Filled the top with gun powder. Screwed a burned up Cox .049 glow plug head into the end. Launched it 4:30 AM while on my paper route. Biggest boom ever!!

Back