What's your Hobby town look like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john 8s

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
Went to the nearest Hobby town today to wander around and look at some items I need. What a disappointment. Shelves at best were half stocked. Had maybe a dozen batteries. Tire area was sad looking. I would hate to see them close,but I don't know how they get any business.

The Hobby Town 45mins from me goes from fully stocked with everything to nearly nothing. Sometimes they have plenty of tires or batteries & RTR rc's stacked up front to back to wiped out.

My hobby town looks fine! Go there all the time.

IMG_20240517_190622275.jpg

Have about six of those stores here in DFW.

The one in Dallas and Plano are fully stocked..

View attachment 367044

View attachment 367046

View attachment 367047
Wow! 6 stores! There's another Hobby Town about 2(+) hours from me in Kennesaw Georgia that's like a Super Store. I've never been, but the online it looks enormous & keeps 100s of RTR all types stocked. Also have a indoor train track setup. Planes & helis. Stuffed animals & Gundam section. Crazy

Wow! 6 stores! There's another Hobby Town about 2(+) hours from me in Kennesaw Georgia that's like a Super Store. I've never been, but the online it looks enormous & keeps 100s of RTR all types stocked. Also have a indoor train track setup. Planes & helis. Stuffed animals & Gundam section. Crazy

There use to be dozens of Mom&Pop hobby shops around these parts ,back in the day...
Each one so very unique.

Some more dedicated to a particular type, such as slot cars, trains, airplanes, or rockets.

Now I think there's about four non-chain shops left.. in addition to those HobbyTowns.

Very thorough response Tex! I honed in on map with 2 fingers and can see the top of your head. Thanks!

You stalking me..?
Spying Peeping Tom GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

There use to be dozens of Mom&Pop hobby shops around these parts ,back in the day...
Each one so very unique.

Some more dedicated to a particular type, such as slot cars, trains, airplanes, or rockets.
I got my Tamiya Boomerang & Blackfoot from a mom & pop hobby store back in 80s. Even a Estes rocket. I believe it closed up in the early 2000s.

I got my Tamiya Boomerang & Blackfoot from a mom & pop hobby store back in 80s. Even a Estes rocket. I believe it closed up in the early 2000s.
I tore apart an estes rocket engine and lit it and it burned off my eyelashes, brows and front of scalp. Don't ever do that!

Mine is 2 hours south of me, pretty much a Traxxas/Train place. Probably the best customer service you can get. Somewhat limited stock... 2 hours North I have Amain in Chico, last time through was just after grand reopening and it wasn't a hobby shop. More like a product display case.

I tore apart an estes rocket engine and lit it and it burned off my eyelashes, brows and front of scalp. Don't ever do that!

I did something similar when I was a little kid and nearly had my left hand blown off and a bunch of glass shards in my eyes/forehead...

As blind as a damn bat because of it..

Idiot!

Last edited:
Back