What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I upgraded the center diff support on my Asuga to ADU Racing 7075 parts and replaced the top center brace with a TC 7075 brace. Since the diff was accessible, I checked and filled the diff fluid to the proper level - it was half full, as I expected.

I had not checked the center diff fluid previously due to the effort involved: taking out the center diff on an Asuga is a PITA. The center brace has to be removed because it goes over the center diff cover, and to do that you have to remove the motor and servo mount/receiver box to get to the top brace screws. Not all that hard, it's just time consuming. Installing the ADU parts was the perfect time to do diff maintenance: I won't be touching the center diff again for a long while.

Edit: Since this pic was taken, I installed four stock black screws to fill in the holes in the diff top late. ADU only included enough screws to cover the center diff support and four of the support insert screws: the screws for the motor mount come with the ADU motor mount and are not included with the center diff parts.

Asuga center diff mount.jpg

Last edited:
I gave this Bulkhead from Integy a chance since it's about $10 cheaper than the HR one. Yes, it's green. Oh well. So far, where there diff goes is OK, but the bigger inner bearing for the output drive was a bear to put in. After I put in the output drive, it got tight, so I had to take it off, and use my dremel where the bearing goes. Now it's fine. It's not so tight anymore. I've heard of Integy having fitment issues. Would I buy another one? Probably. Oh, and it comes with the cover for the diff, so that's another $26 for the HR one. It doesn't come with bolts for the bottom of the chassis though. I'll be using the stock ones. I also bought some gpm lower suspension hinge pin retainers. Once put together and ran, I'll let ya'll know how it goes after a few jumping sessions with my K6SXL

20240516_125314.jpg
20240516_125330.jpg
20240516_125333.jpg
Screenshot_20240516_184743_eBay.jpg

I got the expansion tank with this one, have to reroute pipes, this tank is much taller and wider being a 50gal. I picked up some copper and got some beefy new valves to rerun too. New tank is in the basement, old is out. Time to start making up new cuss words..

EDIT: I have gas detectors in the basement for that, also have water sensors on the sump.
Hope ya got her installed by now. Replaced mine 2 years ago. Went from 40 gallon electric to 30 gallon. Is in garage and easy swap out with some flex lines at Lowe's. You already know this undoubtedly but don't fire that sob up until that tank is full of water or kiss heating element goodbye.

Finally got the last of the parts in, and finished the Maxx. Finally ready to bash.

Then I finally got around to finishing the Asuga. Also ready to bash.

Now it's time for the weather to cooperate. Maybe Sunday from the looks of it.
20240516_211528.jpg
20240516_180204.jpg

Finally got the last of the parts in, and finished the Maxx. Finally ready to bash.

Then I finally got around to finishing the Asuga. Also ready to bash.

Now it's time for the weather to cooperate. Maybe Sunday from the looks of it.View attachment 366844 View attachment 366843
I must admit, I've been eagerly waiting to hear your experience with the Asuga on 8s lol. I've been watching a lot of YT videos on it ever since you picked up one, they look to be very solid buggies.

I must admit, I've been eagerly waiting to hear your experience with the Asuga on 8s lol. I've been watching a lot of YT videos on it ever since you picked up one, they look to be very solid buggies.
I actually backed down on the 8s system for now. I picked up a new Max8 system. I got a lot of feedback from the Corally peeps that the stock diffs get really unhappy lol.

Tried this method I saw on YouTube to fill in body post holes with uv light activated glue. They used a bondic pen, I used a JB Weld pen...basically the same exact thing. Worked perfectly! Just gotta paint the newly filled in holes and it'll be good to go.

20240516_232133.jpg

20240516_232331.jpg

I'm going to have to give this a try!
Absolutely recommend it! The filled in section is completely flush with the body and rock solid. Glue literally cures in 5 seconds once the UV light hits is. Took me 5 minutes total to do both holes. Here's the video I got it from..

Last edited:
Hope ya got her installed by now. Replaced mine 2 years ago. Went from 40 gallon electric to 30 gallon. Is in garage and easy swap out with some flex lines at Lowe's. You already know this undoubtedly but don't fire that sob up until that tank is full of water or kiss heating element goodbye.
I got it done about noonish yesterday. My neighbor a few doors down came by, he’s a bit more fancy with the copper bending than I. Of course I sweated all the pipes, my favorite odd satisfaction to watch all that hot solder run through the joint. I put all the stickers that came with it for the next guy if we decide to move.

IMG_4327.jpeg

I got it done about noonish yesterday. My neighbor a few doors down came by, he’s a bit more fancy with the copper bending than I. Of course I sweated all the pipes, my favorite odd satisfaction to watch all that hot solder run through the joint. I put all the stickers that came with it for the next guy if we decide to move.

View attachment 366917

Nice work. 👍

View attachment 366917
Ain’t those fittings the crimp style? You soldered them?

The esc? It's a hobbywing xr8 plus.....Mike

Hobbywing Xr8 plus... MikeView attachment 366955
Oh okay I see now it’s been a long day very nice

Get the motor mount slide made and installed the motor mount and motor I have more room then I thought I would have 45 pinion 34 spur is the tallest gearing I will be gearing down maybe hahaha

Attachments

• 18B81C9B-4215-4EC6-BB0E-682EABBBEE2E.jpeg
    18B81C9B-4215-4EC6-BB0E-682EABBBEE2E.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 2
  • BC12ACE7-D56B-4FFB-9EBC-A832291616EB.jpeg
    BC12ACE7-D56B-4FFB-9EBC-A832291616EB.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 3BC57D5A-1D69-4658-AF7E-EF8DAB87E0E9.jpeg
    3BC57D5A-1D69-4658-AF7E-EF8DAB87E0E9.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back