Infraction TP for my bunghole (which one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neighborhater383ci

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Senton 3s
Which of the three would you all recommend for #1 a dedicated speed run build and #b a speedrun basher (110-120 tops but able to go out and run through a pack without letting the magic smoke out). Im so so torn between going as high of a kv rating as I can and gearing down/ lower voltages and a lower kv and super tall gearing… I know either way i can reach the same end goal just want some opinions
Option #1 tp 4070 1220kv 50k rpm limit

Option letter b 4070 cm 1800kv 75k rpm

Option color red 4040 svm 2826kv 96k rpm (still 8s rated)

IMG_9158.png

IMG_9159.png

IMG_9161.png

IMG_9160.png

IMG_9162.png

IMG_9163.png

My 6s infraction with a mmx8s/4s kraton/vendetta with a xlx2 and 4s minimum mostly 6s and 8s. I’ve got a castle 1717 1650 in the kraton right now which can stay or go back with the mmx8s it came with
You’re going to have to pick a voltage in order to get good advice regarding motor, gearing, and speed.

You also cannot be geared for 100+ mph and expect to be able to run through an entire battery pack without overheating the electronics.

In general higher KV runs hotter. It will probably be best to run a setup with less than 1800kv. Castle knows what they are doing when they sold the combo with a 1100-1650kv

Last edited:
I have a 1/7 scale hobao vte2 (5.5kg driving weight) with mmx8s esc running 8s lipo and geared for 140kmh with a full battery.

First I had a 1717 1650kv with 22pinion. And now I have a 4070cm 1400kv with 24pinion. After 5 minutes of driving ( no drifting) the TP got to 70celsius on the outside can, despite two 45mm high rpm fans. I will try and gear down to 23T next time.

110-120 tops but able to go out and run through a pack without letting the magic smoke out)
So that seems not completely doable when my 1400kv needs a little break after 5 minutes.
Maybe a bigger TP motor can would do better for bashing and speedrunning without overheating that much.

BTW my mmx8s did not break a sweat with 52celsius maximum. The fan did not turn on once... maybe because of the low kv motor???

You also cannot be geared for 100+ mph and expect to be able to run through an entire battery pack without overheating the electronics.
Do you think a Max5 G2 with the right motor on 12S could accomplish this? I’ve considered that setup for a 1/7 on-road basher.

Last edited:
Do you think a Max5 G2 with the right motor on 12S accomplish this? I’ve considered that setup for a 1/7 on-road basher.
I had seen a guy with the Max 6 hit something like 128 mph with a limitless. Assuming the Max5 has more power then I expect that should go very fast.
I am not a believer in big weight for a basher. I think 12s might be too heavy?

I had seen a guy with the Max 6 hit something like 128 mph with a limitless. Assuming the Max5 has more power then I expect that should go very fast.
I am not a believer in big weight for a basher. I think 12s might be too heavy?
Max5 G2 is about the same size and weight as an XLX2. Maybe run two small 6S batteries to keep weight down. Motor weight could definitely be a big factor though.

Maybe a short 56mm TP with low kv. Or the 750kv 5687 from a super rock rey.

Max5 G2 is about the same size and weight as an XLX2. Maybe run two small 6S batteries to keep weight down. Motor weight could definitely be a big factor though.

Maybe a short 56mm TP with low kv. Or the 750kv 5687 from a super rock rey.

If you already have the 750kv motor maybe toss it in there and see how you like it. I'd imagine you want a little more RPM, but could be a good initial test.
It still should turn 30k+ rpms which is decent.

If you already have the 750kv motor maybe toss it in there and see how you like it. I'd imagine you want a little more RPM, but could be a good initial test.
It still should turn 30k+ rpms which is decent.
Oh I don’t have the motor or a Max5 G2 on the shelf. Just thinking about a future build. Good point on the RPM.

Back