• Don't like the radios/receivers but the ESC's are fine

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Motors are good-does the job

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Motors aren't that great

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Infraction 4x4
Thoughts on Spektrum electronics.
Poll for the forum, let's see what members vote! 10 choices
Up to 4 votes. Thanks for participating everyone! 👏.......🏁
Cast your votes & comment below! It's just for fun & read members experiences.

Last edited:
I only have one my four Arrma vehicles that still has Spektrum motors and ESCs, and that is an Arrma Typhon 3s (my first Arrma). My Infraction 3s has a Castle Copperhead10 3900kv system; my Kraton 6s has a Castle MMX 8s 1717 1650kv system; and my Infraction 6s has a Hobbywing Max8 G2 2250kv system in it. The first thing to go on all of them was the weak and slow stock servos, which were upgraded to 25kg or 35kg servos. I swapped the Spektrum receivers to R6FG receivers to run my Arrmas on my Radiolink RC6GS system. I recently sold off three complete Spektrum DX3 radio systems and two Spektrum 150A ESC and 2050 motor systems: all had less than an hour of run time on them, closer to half an hour.

Servos from Spektrum suck. The rest of the electronics I have no problems with. I like the Arrma BLX ESC/Motors better tho.

I have no issues with Spektrum Motors/ESCs. They do the job and I've never really had any issues with them. I usually only upgrade them when I want a sensored setup in that particular rig, or I'm overpowering something. The RTR servos suck for the most part, but their high end servos aren't bad. I typically buy Reefs, NSDRC, Promodeler, or Protek, but the one high end Spektrum servo I bought to try out is ok. They have a great radio system, and their receivers are nice, but the cheap feel of the transmitters, and the outdated displays are the thing that made me switch to something else. I know it's superficial, but that kind of stuff matters to me. The same money for a DX5Pro or a Radiolink RC8X, just compare the two. Spektrum needs to get with the times in that regard.

Thoughts on Spektrum electronics.
Poll for the forum, let's see what members vote! 10 choices
Up to 4 votes. Thanks for participating everyone! 👏🏁
Cast your votes & comment below! It's just for fun & read members experiences.

Should have a choice for -
(Does) Spektrum SERVOs suck donkey dingdong.

I have a couple of them dead servos from RTR rigs that I don't even bash all that hard. They tend to give up the ghost for no reason..

Thanks for voting & the comments.
Yes, the Spektrum servos are not too good. I've swapped all of my Arrma rigs (except the Infraction 3s) over to aftermarket ones. I've read on here that the new S665 servo is pretty good.

Actually wait. I do hate the TX/RX. Why? I have no idea. I've had two go down so maybe that's it.

Actually wait. I do hate the TX/RX. Why? I have no idea. I've had two go down so maybe that's it.
It's all good. I can't see who voted where. Just the numbers.
Electronics can be quirky. I've got 6 Spektrum sets. One ESC go bad. 3 servos. The 3660 3900kv motor Dale said he's put 6s thru, heck yeah. That's awesome! My Senton is under construction- 3200kv is stock- may just lean towards a 3900kv on 4s!

I like my dx3 good range responsive works easy adjustment the stock servo was meh I got upgraded fans on my motor and esc we will see how it holds no over heating on 14t my 15t I put in today the esc has always been pretty cool tho the motor gets warm but not scorching I run on grass up hills over rocks jumps blacktop and it's mostly wide open let off wide open if she melts ill replace it unless I get bored

Yeah the DX3 seems okay. My recent RX/TX break was Just the RX. So no problems with the DX3 for me..... Yet.
SLT3 I'm pretty sure is just total junk.

Many people here have experience with the S665 25T? I've only got 3 packs through mine so far and I tuned my Treal steering assembly pretty well. So far it seems decent but I guess time will tell.
I do it is slow and not powerful enough for my liking 50 bucks to upgrade is a no brainer

I do it is slow and not powerful enough for my liking 50 bucks to upgrade is a no brainer
The S665 is rated at 270oz or 19.4kg at 7.4v. Not sure of the speed.

The S665 is rated at 270oz or 19.4kg at 7.4v. Not sure of the speed.
IMG_5235.jpeg

Back