Repository if Useful 3D prints for Noobs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
I noticed there are no Sticky threads in this section, and after seeing RCbuzz's thread which most definitely deserves a pin at the top of the section, I thought maybe people could contribute useful prints for the people who have just got their first 3D printer.

Everyone knows about a benchy, but there must be a lot more really useful technical prints for calibrating and setting up your first printer. (i just got mine in the post and thought i could make my learning process usefull to other people)

Then i could collect them all with links in this first post so its easy for others to access.

I was more hoping experienced people could send me links to must have prints for noobs. No good someone with no experience (like me) going on to thingiverse and having every available print in the world if i don't know what i should be looking for.

I noticed there are no Sticky threads in this section, and after seeing RCbuzz's thread which most definitely deserves a pin at the top of the section, I thought maybe people could contribute useful prints for the people who have just got their first 3D printer.

Everyone knows about a benchy, but there must be a lot more really useful technical prints for calibrating and setting up your first printer. (i just got mine in the post and thought i could make my learning process usefull to other people)

Then i could collect them all with links in this first post so its easy for others to access.
Look up on thingiverse an overhand test, bed leveling test, and a ball bearing. The bearing checks tolerances.
I don’t think he means useful to rc, but good idea. I think he wants prints to see if he’s got it running correctly.

Last edited:
I was more hoping experienced people could send me links to must have prints for noobs. No good someone with no experience (like me) going on to thingiverse and having every available print in the world if i don't know what i should be looking for.

Gotcha.... While I get what your saying, thingiverse would still be where you need to be...

it's extremely important to get familiar with the settings and what each one does.. this will be your biggest hurdle at this point... Otherwise your just running someone else's profile and won't have any idea how to fix issues on certain models.. (but this would get you printing)

While your not thrilled with printing a benchy, (I get it) it will tell you a lot, cooling, travels, retractions, ghosting, extrusion rates, all kinds of info off that print...

We could send you model stl's all day, but it won't help you if you do not understand how to correct issues within the slicer...

Again I would recommend thingiverse, even for a "noob", it's your friend.. all you have to do is type.... test... All kinds will come up..
But again, you will need the knowledge to correct these test settings...

YouTube will also help you on certain issues with prints, and how to manipulate settings to achieve desired results..

3d printing isn't a turn key operation...(close, but not just yet)... every model is different, and the settings would be altered to fit that model...

All that being said, even a basic stock profile will get you printing, so just go at it ,print what you want and deal with the issues as they come, then research those issues or ask.. no time like the present to start getting parts in your hand... 👍.. besides, I'd rather have failed functional prints and work towards correcting something useful...😉

Gotcha.... While I get what your saying, thingiverse would still be where you need to be...

it's extremely important to get familiar with the settings and what each one does.. this will be your biggest hurdle at this point... Otherwise your just running someone else's profile and won't have any idea how to fix issues on certain models.. (but this would get you printing)

While your not thrilled with printing a benchy, (I get it) it will tell you a lot, cooling, travels, retractions, ghosting, extrusion rates, all kinds of info off that print...

We could send you model stl's all day, but it won't help you if you do not understand how to correct issues within the slicer...

Again I would recommend thingiverse, even for a "noob", it's your friend.. all you have to do is type.... test... All kinds will come up..
But again, you will need the knowledge to correct these test settings...

YouTube will also help you on certain issues with prints, and how to manipulate settings to achieve desired results..

3d printing isn't a turn key operation...(close, but not just yet)... every model is different, and the settings would be altered to fit that model...

All that being said, even a basic stock profile will get you printing, so just go at it ,print what you want and deal with the issues as they come, then research those issues or ask.. no time like the present to start getting parts in your hand... 👍.. besides, I'd rather have failed functional prints and work towards correcting something useful...😉
Very true! The times I learned the most were printing things I designed in F360, by no means do I have a handle on what I’m doing printing😂 but it let me know what was wrong because I had an exact idea of what the part should be.

So, i finally had time to get it all set up and power on, and printed my first ever thing.....

Bed leveling X
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4077747

For my first print i was happy with the result. As you suggested i did a load of you tube videos, on setting up the bed to begin with, then printed this X. You could tell when running your finger over it that it may have been 0.05 too close to the bed in a couple of places, but for now i'm happy with the result.

I've now got a XYZ calibration cube on the go.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1278865/files

Will report back.

The first print was rather daunting, but we are underway now. (y)

So, i finally had time to get it all set up and power on, and printed my first ever thing.....

Bed leveling X
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4077747

For my first print i was happy with the result. As you suggested i did a load of you tube videos, on setting up the bed to begin with, then printed this X. You could tell when running your finger over it that it may have been 0.05 too close to the bed in a couple of places, but for now i'm happy with the result.

I've now got a XYZ calibration cube on the go.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1278865/files

Will report back.

The first print was rather daunting, but we are underway now. (y)

Once you get the hang of everything you will be unstoppable man.. 3d printer's are so useful I often wonder how I survived so many years without them...🤣🤣..

Keep at it, we all would be more than happy to help troubleshoot any issues with print's, or the machine as well.. Don't hesitate to post pics and ask..👍

Enjoy that thing, a lot of fun and a great tool to have around the house... When your ready to step into designing I'd suggest fusion 360, more huge learning curves, but an amazing, invaluable, powerful software..😎

I've already downloaded and designed a few things in Fusion360, just never had a printer to make them a reality.

The cube was a success, two side spot on (<0.1mm out), one side 0.1mm out. Happy with that. Still running all default settings on the printer and Cura other than the bed leveling settings.

I've got a benchy on print now, as per your recommendation.

Amazing bit of tech, but an hour and 45mins for a single benchy. They ain't fast.

A quick question, i have my printer in a sealed enclosure, do i have to worry about overheating or anything?

I've already downloaded and designed a few things in Fusion360, just never had a printer to make them a reality.

The cube was a success, two side spot on (<0.1mm out), one side 0.1mm out. Happy with that. Still running all default settings on the printer and Cura other than the bed leveling settings.

I've got a benchy on print now, as per your recommendation.

Amazing bit of tech, but an hour and 45mins for a single benchy. They ain't fast.

A quick question, i have my printer in a sealed enclosure, do i have to worry about overheating or anything?
Excellent, your ahead of the curve..😎.. fusion takes some time, so that is just less you will have to commit to..👍

That cube is a success for sure.. these factory profiles and slicers have come a long way in the past 7 or so years..

Sealed enclosure is great.. it's for the better honestly.. especially if you get into more exotic filaments..

Yes, the benchy does take some time, but it's a valuable tool.. I look forward to see it..👍

Excellent, your ahead of the curve..😎.. fusion takes some time, so that is just less you will have to commit to..👍

That cube is a success for sure.. these factory profiles and slicers have come a long way in the past 7 or so years..

Sealed enclosure is great.. it's for the better honestly.. especially if you get into more exotic filaments..

Yes, the benchy does take some time, but it's a valuable tool.. I look forward to see it..👍
Agreed. Overheating is not something you need to worry about from what I’ve heard.
@ColosTommy , what printer do you have?

Feel like I find more on https://www.yeggi.com/ then thingiverse.

Yeggi can be valuable, but it most likely is sending you to thingiverse anyway.. yeggi is a search engine that pulls all models you search collectively throughout stl repository site's....

One thing to keep in mind while searching thingiverse is to keep the search words to a minimum... Thier search engine isn't so hot, so the less the better..

what printer do you have?

A Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro

I was pleasantly surprised with this as well. I had read so many trouble shooting threads, and seen so many pictures of failed prints, i think i had built this up to be some kind of black majic in my head, where 'im gonna be struggling for hours to get the simplest thing to print. The biggest hurdle so far has been the imaginary one inside my head.

PXL_20230308_061019494.MP.jpg

PXL_20230308_061032830.MP.jpg

PXL_20230308_061043560.MP.jpg

PXL_20230308_061101528.MP.jpg

The only thing i wasn't pleases with was the seam placement, but from what i've read that's a simple setting in Cura.

I was pleasantly surprised with this as well. I had read so many trouble shooting threads, and seen so many pictures of failed prints, i think i had built this up to be some kind of black majic in my head, where 'im gonna be struggling for hours to get the simplest thing to print. The biggest hurdle so far has been the imaginary one inside my head.

View attachment 283849

View attachment 283850

View attachment 283851

View attachment 283852

The only thing i wasn't pleases with was the seam placement, but from what i've read that's a simple setting in Cura.
Oh dude! Great job! Yes, in cura just select “sharpest corner” for seam alignment and you should be all set for items with corners.

View attachment 283849

View attachment 283850

View attachment 283851

View attachment 283852

Looks just fine for what you have.. now get onto parts you want...👍

I prefer random for z seam alignment.. but you can mess around with it and see what you like... 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back