RC Purchase Limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
How many rc purchases per year can be justified socially acceptable in this rc community before crossing over into the realms of I need help....

Personal rule limiting myself to a max of two per year. However, have fallen off the wagon many times.

Varies for all. Space, budget, and places available to use rc's are the main variables. I had only one rc for almost a year before getting a second. Now 3 years into the hobby and I have 8, so I got 6 over the last 2 years. If I had more space and a bigger fun budget, that number would be higher for sure.

Varies for all. Space, budget, and places available to use rc's are the main variables. I had only one rc for almost a year before getting a second. Now 3 years into the hobby and I have 8, so I got 6 over the last 2 years. If I had more space and a bigger fun budget, that number would be higher for sure.
Totally agree. And I also have to use some of my income on fixing the already existing rigs I have if there is some left after bills, but that's maybe just me 🫣 #wtyBREAKt 😁

I'm naturally limited by cashflow, or lack thereof, LOL. I'd be buried in RC's if the budget would permit. But then, I don't even know if it would be RC's if I weren't strapped. I really enjoy riding in the toys more than watching them TBH. Bigger the toys, bigger the price tag.. at least if I wreck my K6 on Sunday it doesn't prevent me from going to work on Monday!! LOL

Ha, i don't care what you all think about my RC spending. But there is one person in my house with eyes 👀 on all the things I do. She's the one that put the limits on my RC spending :ROFLMAO:
Ditto for me. Im just glad she likes the hobby and has allowed me to acquire 5 currently.

Limits? We don't need no stinking limits! ;)
We're not gonna take it!
twisted sister GIF

How many rc purchases per year can be justified socially acceptable in this rc community before crossing over into the realms of I need help....

Personal rule limiting myself to a max of two per year. However, have fallen off the wagon many times.
Being socially acceptable does not matter in terms of what or how many RC'S you purchase. What does matter is if the $ and time spent on the hobby affects those that you care about negatively. Its my opinion that the purchase of these should be with disposable income that in no way affects your ability to pay bills, support yourself and your family and even meet financial goals. Full disclosure, I've spent to much time on the hobby taking away time from my wife and daughter in the past and I regret that. Money was never an issue but the hobby became an obsession which wasn't healthy for my family. Most of my obsession was spent on my track. I was out of control. Never again! Fast forward...I have one RC typhon and 1 airplane. My priorities are my daughter and my Girlfriend. a great hobby, just don't let it become an addiction that hurts others. Long drawn out response but if I can help others not to go down what could become a unhealthy addiction then its worth it.

I didnt think I would wake up and have my feelings hurt by a stranger on the forum this morning. LOL Was sitting with my girlfriend over the weekend and she asked me how much I though I spent on RC's in the last month. She guessed $1000. I shook my head.... She guessed $2000 I Smiled shook my head.. She said over $3000??????? I smiled and she laughed at me and changed the subject....

Being socially acceptable does not matter in terms of what or how many RC'S you purchase. What does matter is if the $ and time spent on the hobby affects those that you care about negatively. Its my opinion that the purchase of these should be with disposable income that in no way affects your ability to pay bills, support yourself and your family and even meet financial goals. Full disclosure, I've spent to much time on the hobby taking away time from my wife and daughter in the past and I regret that. Money was never an issue but the hobby became an obsession which wasn't healthy for my family. Most of my obsession was spent on my track. I was out of control. Never again! Fast forward...I have one RC typhon and 1 airplane. My priorities are my daughter and my Girlfriend. a great hobby, just don't let it become an addiction that hurts others. Long drawn out response but if I can help others not to go down what could become a unhealthy addiction then its worth it.
Very good point. I was only focused on the purchasing aspect and did not consider the quality time that could be spent with family and friends.

Thanks for sharing.

I've bought six Arrmas in three years. So... 2 a year. Already bought one this year but I doubt I'll buy another. Wait... till.. they... release... a new... model...

I didnt think I would wake up and have my feelings hurt by a stranger on the forum this morning. LOL Was sitting with my girlfriend over the weekend and she asked me how much I though I spent on RC's in the last month. She guessed $1000. I shook my head.... She guessed $2000 I Smiled shook my head.. She said over $3000??????? I smiled and she laughed at me and changed the subject....
Apologies. Not my intention to audit your rc purchase history. That being said...what did you get?

Are we talking trucks or parts. Parts flow in weekly. Big air represents a big RC budget.
New rigs. Parts don't count. Most of us are on first name basis with the delivery guy.

I try too keep it around a dozen.That is due to space for cars/parts and recently another big tire purchase (HH sale) I purchased 2 recently and sold 2. Although I am coming into to some money in the next 30 days and starting to think about another. Thinking different and maybe a mini z. For indoor and to tinker with in the winter.

Back