Official Typhon Grom from Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing went very well. Only incident was a blown shock cap. Idk if it was just loose and I never checked it, or one of the pump track full sends took it out. 🤷‍♂️ Now I’ve got an excuse to buy the HR shocks that are oh so plush on the granite.
I’m very pleased with it tho, it handles WAY better than the granite imo. 👌

BE944078-FA0A-4A8C-86D0-D627478E3239.jpeg
BE0EA3F3-570C-4792-8EB5-EB0DE255B1B2.jpeg

Testing went very well. Only incident was a blown shock cap. Idk if it was just loose and I never checked it, or one of the pump track full sends took it out. 🤷‍♂️ Now I’ve got an excuse to buy the HR shocks that are oh so plush on the granite.
I’m very pleased with it tho, it handles WAY better than the granite imo. 👌

View attachment 366637View attachment 366636
thats a wild one. was it tumbling when that happened ? my typhon grom has broken at the shock mount a couple times in that top bend, however its holding up fine with epoxy for the time being tho. thats one thing i don't care for in the design is the unibody mount style. nice paint btw.

thats a wild one. was it tumbling when that happened ? my typhon grom has broken at the shock mount a couple times in that top bend, however its holding up fine with epoxy for the time being tho. thats one thing i don't care for in the design is the unibody mount style. nice paint btw.
It did some cartwheels and took a few good nose landings. I’m thinking it was just loose, not screwed on tightly. There’s no signs of stripped threads or cracks in the cap. I never checked them after taking it out of the box. Just the usual drop tests and pushing it down like wow these are decent… I’m really impressed with the HR shocks I put in the granite tho. I planned on installing them on the Typhon at some point as well, this just sped the process up.
The integrated tower seems it could be the biggest chink in the armor.

That’s a stock shell minus the stickers. 😉

It did some cartwheels and took a few good nose landings. I’m thinking it was just loose, not screwed on tightly. There’s no signs of stripped threads or cracks in the cap. I never checked them after taking it out of the box. Just the usual drop tests and pushing it down like wow these are decent… I’m really impressed with the HR shocks I put in the granite tho. I planned on installing them on the Typhon at some point as well, this just sped the process up.
The integrated tower seems it could be the biggest chink in the armor.

That’s a stock shell minus the stickers. 😉
wow for some reason i thought there was more colors to the stock one but that doesn't look bad at all with the stickers off!

Back