Need help Elegoo Neptune 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show them the photos of the nasty entombed Heating Block & clogged nozzle...

See if you can get the seller to send you a complete Extruder/PrintHead so
you don't have to dicker with anything, just Plug-n-Play.

Hopefully it'll be a Clean , NOT crusty,and UNclogged unit..
Not another messed up one.

But, when it comes down to it -
You just need a new:
Heating Block ,
0.4mm Nozzle

I bought it directly from Elegoos eBay store. So I'll shoot them a message and send them photos of everything.

No I also need a new bed level sensor, that is why the nozzle kept getting jammed into the bed. I'll see if I can't just get them to send me out the entire head unit.

Elegoo responded they said they needed my address and phone number to send me out parts, they didn't say what specifically.

And I noticed this today..............

20240402_184646.jpg

This is exactly why I haven’t tried 3D Printing. I would have smashed that thing already! I’m far too much of a neanderthal to figure that out.
Phone Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Same here .no patience for that.🤣

@slick2500 hope ya find a solution soon bud👍

Elegoo responded they said they needed my address and phone number to send me out parts, they didn't say what specifically.

And I noticed this today..............

View attachment 358540

What is that?

A four eye dino-reptilian head (imprint) from the "Land of the Lost"??

1712107751527.png

What is that?

A four eye dino-reptilian head (imprint) from the "Land of the Lost"??

View attachment 358551

Idk when it prints, it makes a line on the front of the plate then it makes an outline around whatever is being printed before it starts printing.

Idk when it prints, it makes a line on the front of the plate

That's a purge line.
It primes the printhead to start printing..
Sort of clears out the previous filament(color) if you had something different..

That's normal.

then it makes an outline around whatever is being printed before it starts printing.

That's called a skirt.

It's kind of like a purge line.. just equalizes the pressure of the filament before it starts to print the actual part(s).

You can control certain aspects of that in the slicer.

That's normal too.

That's a purge line.
It primes the printhead to start printing..
Sort of clears out the previous filament(color) if you had something different..

That's normal.

That's called a skirt.

It's kind of like a purge line.. just equalizes the pressure of the filament before it starts to print the actual part(s).

You can control certain aspects of that in the slicer.

That's normal too.

I figured that was what the line on the front was for. Wasn't sure what the point of the outline was but that makes sense.

I figured that was what the line on the front was for. Wasn't sure what the point of the outline was but that makes sense.

Some folks tend to cram the filament into the printhead and causes a bit of extra back pressure in the nozzle...
So the short purge line doesn't always provide enough time to equalize..

A skirt allows it enough time to stabilize to the correct pressure BEFORE it starts to lay down the actual first layers of your part.

They gave me a tracking number but no mention of what exactly they are sending.

They gave me a tracking number but no mention of what exactly they are sending.

Hmm...

Fingers crossed it'll be the correct replacement item(s) instead of just a roll of free filament..

Hmm...

Fingers crossed it'll be the correct replacement item(s) instead of just a roll of free filament..
I'm too impatient to wait so I ordered the entire print head off Amazon for $40 should be here tomorrow.

I'm too impatient to wait so I ordered the entire print head off Amazon for $40 should be here tomorrow.

3D printing WILL Test Your Patience..

Just take a look at my Failed Prints Thread to grasp What that really means...
How even with properly tuned printers and (what you think is the) correct slicer settings.
Things can/will still go Totally sideways.

Best to take it slowly in the beginning to understand the multitudes of parameters involved - in Both Software AND Hardware.

Than trying to "hurry it up" and end up with more things... 💥
car crash GIF

Which you've already experienced first hand..

I just can't stress it Enough >> for anyone starting out -to take it slow.

3D printing WILL Test Your Patience..

Just take a look at my Failed Prints Thread to grasp What that really means...
How even with properly tuned printers and (what you think is the) correct slicer settings.
Things can/will still go Totally sideways.

Best to take it slowly in the beginning to understand the multitudes of parameters involved - in Both Software AND Hardware.

Than trying to "hurry it up" and end up with more things... 💥
car crash GIF

Which you've already experienced first hand..

I just can't stress it Enough >> for anyone starting out -to take it slow.
I Want It Now Parks And Recreation GIF

:ROFLMAO:

Patience right OUT the window..

Well...

We know how that went -for even Big Established Corporations..
When their Execs rather Rush things and get products out the door quickly...

plane crash GIF

Illustration Loop GIF by Framesequence

New parts showed up last night. Leveled bed had an issue with the first print which was from the fact that I moved the roll holder to the side of the printer because it was hitting the hutch on top of the desk and the extruder was struggling to feed the filament in.

1712382324402.jpeg

1712382333615.jpeg

I had it setup like this but have since moved the roll up onto the shelf attached to a scrap piece of 2x6 I had laying around. And that fixed that issue.

bla bla bla.jpg

Now the issue I am having is spider webbing.

1712382739058.png

I did the extruder test built into orca set to 2mm to 5mm and it had webs all the way up the tower. It got super super fine at the top of the tower but it was still there.

New parts showed up last night. Leveled bed had an issue with the first print which was from the fact that I moved the roll holder to the side of the printer because it was hitting the hutch on top of the desk and the extruder was struggling to feed the filament in.

View attachment 359178

View attachment 359179

I had it setup like this but have since moved the roll up onto the shelf attached to a scrap piece of 2x6 I had laying around. And that fixed that issue.

View attachment 359177

Now the issue I am having is spider webbing.

View attachment 359180

I did the extruder test built into orca set to 2mm to 5mm and it had webs all the way up the tower. It got super super fine at the top of the tower but it was still there.

Are you saying that you increased your retraction distance?

From 2mm to 5mm!?

What's your retraction speed?

Are you saying that you increased your retraction distance?

From 2mm to 5mm!?

What's your retraction speed?

2mm to 5mm was the range of the test. Then I noticed that it's already at 5 by default. And I would have to check what the extraction speed is.

But right now that is the only problem I have been having.

20240407_071029.jpg

Retraction speed is 60mm/s.

Last edited:
2mm to 5mm was the range of the test. Then I noticed that it's already at 5 by default. And I would have to check what the extraction speed is.

But right now that is the only problem I have been having.

View attachment 359434

You should-
Drop the Retraction Distance to 1.5mm (or less)
And, Increase Retraction Speed to 60mm

That should get rid of All those fine hairs.

It's caused by the extruder Not being able to retract the molten filament quick enough to keep up with your Print Speed while it's moving to the next print location, that's what causing the stringing.

Now that I got a better look at this thing I have some other issues. and he doesn't even have horns.

1712497865055.jpeg

1712498326571.png

You should-
Drop the Retraction Distance to 1.5mm (or less)
And, Increase Retraction Speed to 60mm

That should get rid of All those fine hairs.

It's caused by the extruder Not being able to retract the molten filament quick enough to keep up with your Print Speed while it's moving to the next print location, that's what causing the stringing.

Retraction speed is at 60mm/s.

Last edited:
Back