Need direction...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon TLR
I've had the itch to build a completely unnecessary basher and I can't decide what to build. I have it narrowed down to either an infraction based, max 4 combo, 12s on road car or a kraton xl based, max 5 combo 8s off-road car.
Anyone care to share their 2 cents on which car would be more fun?

Have you considered a 1/5 scale street car? Rovan F5, MCD XS5, etc.

Something like that might be a better match for the Max4 combo.

I've had the itch to build a completely unnecessary basher and I can't decide what to build. I have it narrowed down to either an infraction based, max 4 combo, 12s on road car or a kraton xl based, max 5 combo 8s off-road car.
Anyone care to share their 2 cents on which car would be more fun?
They both sound awesome...

Kraton XL off-road 8s by far. The street cars, especially 8s on up eat tires on every run. On that power, they're only good for straight line speed runs and STILL go through expensive tires. Kraton 6s model with XL Mojave chassis on 8s can be bashed like crazy. For that, I'd get a 7075 ADU brand Mojave chassis and center chassis braces....aluminum bulkheads of your choice, EXB diffs, PPS motor mount to run up to 56mm diameter cans...or an ADU one that can accommodate the same, then if you want Kraton width suspension, (Kraton arms) get the heavier duty M2C's driveshafts and EXB outdrives for Kraton. ADU Kraton shock towers. ADU 7075 aluminum is cheaper in price than M2C by a fair amount, but just as strong. I'd get belted tires to survive 8s, but go a bit smaller diameter to offset some weight and get Powerhobby 3.8 Defenders for the Traxxas Maxx. They'll go right on a Kraton no problem. They're lower profile (lighter weight) than the ridiculously heavy full sized set.

Have you considered a 1/5 scale street car? Rovan F5, MCD XS5, etc.

Something like that might be a better match for the Max4 combo.
Yeah I considered those, a 5t, a kraken. The 2 things I'm juggling are I don't have a ton of storage space to spare in my garage and my wife knows what they cost and understands that the cost is proportional to size. I like the arrma platform because when I get bored of it in a year I can reconfigure it into something completely different. I have a car that started life as a dual motor on road Typhon, a year later I turned it into a 2wd stadium truck, and now it's a truggified Typhon.

Infraction chassis with Kraton drivetrain & A arms, LP backflips. 406mm wheelbase chassis.

Back