Notorious My Notorious LWB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bollucks

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey everyone,
Just finished up the first phase of my Notorious build. So far I’ve installed; kraton v5 chassis, kraton center brace, m2c front and rear chassis braces, rpm rear skid plate, rpm bumper, yeah racing motor fans and heat sink, replaced the stock radio with a dumbo x6, and installed a ds servo 25kg.
I had heard I would need to cut down my stock side covers, but I wanted to keep it as clean as possible so I cut a channel into the bottom of the side guards so it would mount flush into the chassis. Had to trim the inside of the rpm skid plate and bumper to make room for the new differential bulge on the chassis. Changed the diff fluids out to 60k/150k/10k.
Super excited to take it out for its first rip in this form.

8A4C3D13-9877-480E-80AB-169E5FCCDFFA.jpeg

BB7A44DE-2711-4BE8-A454-657A9CE0EBF1.jpeg

DC52D9EA-9CB8-4B2D-8210-9C17C7A9C8DF.jpeg

4F447BF4-77FD-41EA-84F3-D96E90FDCCCF.jpeg

A62F041A-063D-4774-ACF9-924ABAFEEEE0.jpeg

1AF34F6C-ECF4-48C2-8BE3-9193FBBDB03B.jpeg

New chassis looks the business at the rear, be interested to see if its fixed the issue

That’s what I thought. Much wider and those little gussets seems to make it pretty stiff. Hoping that combined with the braces do the trick.

Pretty much yes. I wanted a Kraton initially when I bought my notorious but they were out of stock everywhere. I love the look of the notorious and it’s a blast to drive but I wanted a bit more stability from the longer wheelbase.
Basically the only real differences between the body is the side skirts, the little internal roll cage thing, and the wing. That and you get backflip tires. with the notorious and the outcast.

Pretty much yes. I wanted a Kraton initially when I bought my notorious but they were out of stock everywhere. I love the look of the notorious and it’s a blast to drive but I wanted a bit more stability from the longer wheelbase.
Basically the only real differences between the body is the side skirts, the little internal roll cage thing, and the wing. That and you get backflip tires. with the notorious and the outcast.
The reason I'm aksing is because I never understood why people call those Notorious LWB. In my opinion it is just a modified Kraton (as all the things you listed are mods in my opinion, apart from the tires. But as they stay in the same 1:8 MT category, I also count them as mods too).
Don't get me wrong, of course you can call your car what you like, even I have renamed my Big Rock 3S into the Malvion. ;) But everytime I hear LWB Notorious I try to figure out what makes the car a Notorious and not a Kraton. :p

I mean essentially it’s a conversion to a Kraton, if I threw a Kraton body on it you would just think it was a kraton. I call it a long wheelbase base notorious because it started out as a notorious and really aesthetically it’s still a notorious minus it having a longer wheelbase.

I mean essentially it’s a conversion to a Kraton, if I threw a Kraton body on it you would just think it was a kraton. I call it a long wheelbase base notorious because it started out as a notorious and really aesthetically it’s still a notorious minus it having a longer wheelbase.
Like I said, I fully understand that. Makes sense. Just wanted to know why it still is a Notorious for you. :p
What it certainly ist though, is a pretty nice looking build, ;)

Did you end u using the kraton side skirts or the outcast?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back