Help with my battery it is not charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame he can't see the volts of each cell.

Sounds like the pack is too drained to be charged with LIPO setting.

He could try to trickle some charge into it with another charger on another battery setting then switch it back to LIPO to see if the cells have been woken up.

Shame he can't see the volts of each cell.

Sounds like the pack is too drained to be charged with LIPO setting.

He could try to trickle some charge into it with another charger on another battery setting then switch it back to LIPO to see if the cells have been woken up.
I think they are water damaged

Y'all need to schedule a zoom call stat.
No, you do it. You’re the guy in Florida, you have a lot more experience with weird sh’t nobody else ever sees. Just sayin’…

Nice..... I have a 5 pack of the little battery testers...... they work fine for some tests.....don't have all the features of this....... will order one with my next Amazon order

These little gizmos can tell you a LOT...... and if your battery is toast.....

Save yourself some money and buy a different brand of batteries. The price of spektrum batteries for what you actually get isn't worth it. Not knowing any better over a year ago I did the same thing

On this comment, I have to say that I agree.... but I also have to say I won't slap someone for doing it (not that YOU did @Johnboy5586 ) ....some like Castle esc's for all the data they can glean..... (serious speed guys really check that data out....) some like Spectrum for the Smart features..... but unless you just HAVE to have it..... they are pricey for what you get.

I almost bought some back when I started, but I figured the features they included weren't worth the extra coin to me

And Ive never regretted it.

But Its nice to have a selection to choose from.

Last edited:
I have a question. How do they monitor all of the cells on a 3s or 4s with that proprietary plug. I understand it working on a 2s, but not 3.
From what I understand that 3rd pin is essentially a data pin transmitting data from the charger to a circuit inside the smart battery. So instead of having wires for each individual cell (typical balance plug) you have circuitry inside the battery handling all that for you.

I think one of the biggest advantages is the auto storage voltage function. Apparently the smart batteries can bring themselves to a storage charge by themselves. One of the negative side effects would be parasitic draw said circuitry requires to function. In other words unlike our "dumb" batteries you would need to periodically charge smart batteries back to storage voltage.

Last edited:
The only thing I liked on spektrum batteries over anyone else's was the ability to look at my radio and see how much battery was left. As stated above the auto discharge is nice IF you forget to storage discharge a pack but that's extra crap on the battery that can go wrong. Comparing my spektrum batteries to my cnhl's as far as performance, can't tell a difference honestly when it comes to punch. For whatever reason as I've stated in a few other threads the spektrum batteries consistently run hotter than my cnhl's do which I have yet to figure out given the trucks are all spektrum electronics 🤷🏻‍♂️

Save yourself some money and buy a different brand of batteries. The price of spektrum batteries for what you actually get isn't worth it. Not knowing any better over a year ago I did the same thing
Can u recommend a 6s 100c one that will work with my charger(S2100)

Didn't you have a Kraton EXB? What batteries did you run or have with it?
The same ones 2 3s 50v

Back