Kraton External BEC QUESTION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I want to put a castle BEC on my Kraton EXB but don’t have room in my receiver box. I definitely want it to be waterproof. Have you guys ever found a bigger receiver box for these trucks?

I want to put a castle BEC on my Kraton EXB but don’t have room in my receiver box. I definitely want it to be waterproof. Have you guys ever found a bigger receiver box for these trucks?
External bec will get hot. I don't think you want to put that in your receiver box.

Castle makes a waterproof BEC… I ran them in my scalers…

I did run the cheap China ones also. I just liquid taped them and sealed them up. Never had a problem. But I wasn’t running high powered units. They were trail rigs and crawlers.

Castle makes a waterproof BEC… I ran them in my scalers…

I did run the cheap China ones also. I just liquid taped them and sealed them up. Never had a problem. But I wasn’t running high powered units. They were trail rigs and crawlers.
I have the waterproof one on another build and it works great. Just looks like crap shoo gooed on top of my receiver box. This time I was going to use the 14 amp one and try to hide it. But if you guys have had luck maybe heat shrinking it. Then maybe I could do that and tuck it down somewhere. I guess I could attach it to the roll cage. I was hoping maybe you guys might have some ideas

External bec will get hot. I don't think you want to put that in your receiver box.

I use the 10a V1 Hobbywing 2-6s UBEC 5v-8.4v. I modified one of the 3s receiver boxes and have it in there to keep it dry, and nice and clean. I have it powering 2 fans at 8.4v and a single servo at 8.4v in my Erevo 2.0, works great. It never gets hot.

If your bec is getting hot to the touch, somethings wrong.

181587E2-7403-4338-B05C-77EB2BA6B48B.jpeg

21125D07-845C-449B-B922-C05CBB10529B.jpeg

116F0D01-4E5A-4215-9511-73D1FACBB5D7.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back