What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those things are solid. One got chased by the cops through my subdivision. Torn everything up. Every yard on my street. Took out mailboxes, including ours.
Rear wheel drive on a real frame. Towing capacity of 5k lbs which is a lot for a small SUV. Most small have either 1500 or 3000 lb towing capacity now and good luck getting a 3.7 liter motor. I'm not into these puny motors with turbochargers. JUNK!

Manual trans or auto?
Auto. 2 wd. 3.7l ...tows my toys like there not even there.

USPS arrived with today's haul. The buggy wasn't supposed to be here until Monday. Bonus!!
20240518_132342.jpg

USPS arrived with today's haul. The buggy wasn't supposed to be here until Monday. Bonus!!View attachment 367187
Awesome but per earlier commitment you cannot open that till all maintenance is completed on other 57 rigs. That delivery include another shelving unit?

We didn’t “buy” this, but my wife adopted this two month old female kitten yesterday from the local animal shelter. The $85 adoption fee was just the start of the expenses - my wife already spent a ton of money at Amazon for our new companion.

IMG_1276.jpeg

We didn’t “buy” this, but my wife adopted this two month old female kitten yesterday from the local animal shelter. The $85 adoption fee was just the start of the expenses - my wife already spent a ton of money at Amazon for our new companion.

View attachment 367369

But she's a cutie! 😺 and now you are her slaves. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

View attachment 367369
Who gets to clean the cat box. 😩 It's my job here.

And they are all garbage.

Everything past a 2000 is questionable in my eyes... there are exceptions to this but not many.

You see, your a wrench turner.. you get to see the ugly side of these heaps day in and day out same as me.... I have Zero interest in owning something new..

My dd is an 02 dakota. 4.7 v8... when that motor blows it will NOT be replaced with a 4.7. It will be either a carbed 318 or 360. Don't much care which. That and a nice hydro trans.. thats if I don't junk the pos first... if it's a v6 or v8 with more then 1 timing chain, I ain't interested.

My 2 other rides are an 01 jeep xj, and a 1986 Toyota mr2. These 2 are permanent vehicles, mah babies.

My personal quote- you can either have a repair bill, or a repair bill AND a car payment.

Took one in from the burned up house a lot away. He was living out of it. Was dumped. Poor guy just isn't adept to surviving out there. Heard cries one day, had gotten his head stuck in a fence across the street. We think he had spent all night stuck like that. Got him free. First snowfall a few years ago, he stepped on in and has been ours ever since. He LOVES to pester me for treats every single time I get my
20240520_001600.jpg
20240520_002635.jpg
20240307_181942.jpg
20240520_003058.jpg
20240520_001916.jpg
coffee. He loves coffee time. The little poodle is the first rescue. Was found wandering a busy road, looking dejected and lost. Sweetest little dog. Friendly. Never snaps or bites, ever. Will never harm other animals. Had her over 10yrs.

Everything past a 2000 is questionable in my eyes... there are exceptions to this but not many.

You see, your a wrench turner.. you get to see the ugly side of these heaps day in and day out same as me.... I have Zero interest in owning something new..

My dd is an 02 dakota. 4.7 v8... when that motor blows it will NOT be replaced with a 4.7. It will be either a carbed 318 or 360. Don't much care which. That and a nice hydro trans.. thats if I don't junk the pos first... if it's a v6 or v8 with more then 1 timing chain, I ain't interested.

My 2 other rides are an 01 jeep xj, and a 1986 Toyota mr2. These 2 are permanent vehicles, mah babies.

My personal quote- you can either have a repair bill, or a repair bill AND a car payment.
Yea, you're right about that, I've seen plenty of ugly. 😂 My 05 (and the newest I have ever had outside of motorcycles) is a Yukon Denali, and has had all of the common crap go wrong with it. 6.0L with the 4L65E, tougher than your average bear and currently sits at almost 230,000.

I don't have much good to say aboit the 4.7, or it's little brother the 3.7. Head gasket/warping issue, chain problems, etc., you know I'm sure. They seem to do better in the small trucks but the 1500s and jeeps, especially the awd jeeps, they are nothing but problems.

You're quote is accurate and I have said similar things to people. Thing is you have to know when to let go. If the repair and cost of ownership exceed what a car payment would be, maybe time to put it out to pasture. People like us don't really have that problem though.

Yea, you're right about that, I've seen plenty of ugly. 😂 My 05 (and the newest I have ever had outside of motorcycles) is a Yukon Denali, and has had all of the common crap go wrong with it. 6.0L with the 4L65E, tougher than your average bear and currently sits at almost 230,000.

I don't have much good to say aboit the 4.7, or it's little brother the 3.7. Head gasket/warping issue, chain problems, etc., you know I'm sure. They seem to do better in the small trucks but the 1500s and jeeps, especially the awd jeeps, they are nothing but problems.

You're quote is accurate and I have said similar things to people. Thing is you have to know when to let go. If the repair and cost of ownership exceed what a car payment would be, maybe time to put it out to pasture. People like us don't really have that problem though.

Agreed. Between higher insurance and car payment, it's hard to get the cost of an older car to be same or similar to a car payment though.
300/12 is 3600 a year on payments alone.
I've never came anywhere near that in a year of maintenance on an older car. I could drop a new engine in 1x a year or trans and still never come close to a year of payments 😂

Back