Tool talk, show and tell!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These tools here have really helped me complete a few projects over the years.

IMG_20230505_123130539_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230505_123051466.jpg

These are old but still work except the 1/2" extension which I mushroomed using it as a punch. Now I just use it to answer the door

View attachment 365859
I love "homemade" special tools. I have a 13 that I cut off like that to get to the distributor bolt on GM stuff, along with a few others. I have a 22mm that I cut like what you have there to use as an O2 sensor socket.
“I have Thirty thousand dollars in credit card debt, when they call I tell them I can’t pay it back yet”
Fox Tv Animation GIF by Family Guy

View attachment 365870

View attachment 365871
Nice triple, 4s line? My SS top has power but mine is so old I don't have a power in the box or power on the front.

I love "homemade" special tools. I have a 13 that I cut off like that to get to the distributor bolt on GM stuff, along with a few others. I have a 22mm that I cut like what you have there to use as an O2 sensor socket.

Nice triple, 4s line? My SS top has power but mine is so old I don't have a power in the box or power on the front.
Yessir triple bay 4s with will the fixins and the box having power is so nice expecially the charging drawer

Yessir triple bay 4s with will the fixins and the box having power is so nice expecially the charging drawer

I've always been a fan of the matco box's. If I were to ever get 1 from the big 2, it'd be a matco. I think after this many years I'll wind up retiring with a "cheap box full of nice tools" though 😂

Those snap on swivel impacts are nice man. 1 day I'll break down and upgrade from the matco ones to those. There is a huge diff in torque loss with the snap on. They transfer power so much better.
If it counts for anything if you look closely at my rail you'll notice in my 3/8 set that my 17mm is snap on. Kept breaking both styles from matco. The intention is to upgrade to snap on 1 at a time as I break them commonly😂

I tend to buy singles in that fashion so I've got quite a few odd ball snap on items fir that reason.

I refuse to get a credit line because I know that'll happen.. so only sticking with truck accounts I purposely limit myself 🤣

Those in pic are not homemade. I broke them but continue to use them. :LOL:

Those in pic are not homemade. I broke them but continue to use them. :LOL:

I've got to make things all the time. I've got a whole drawer full of cheap open ended wrenches thats been modded over the years.
Here's a socket I recently had to make (don't go judging the welding I know it's crap 😂) for a girls truck she had in. These lugs are solid freakin steel. I love em. I sent it with her so I don't have it anymore. Girl is 19 with an f350 and hauls a 55ft horse trailer all over the country completely by herself. She had no way to change a tire if needed be.

20231227_131728.jpg

20231227_132233.jpg

I'm so damn jealous, I would love to have something like this, maybe now that I'm finally getting a shop of my own I can.
I've always been a fan of the matco box's. If I were to ever get 1 from the big 2, it'd be a matco. I think after this many years I'll wind up retiring with a "cheap box full of nice tools" though 😂

Those snap on swivel impacts are nice man. 1 day I'll break down and upgrade from the matco ones to those. There is a huge diff in torque loss with the snap on. They transfer power so much better.
If it counts for anything if you look closely at my rail you'll notice in my 3/8 set that my 17mm is snap on. Kept breaking both styles from matco. The intention is to upgrade to snap on 1 at a time as I break them commonly😂
You're right about that, the Snap-on swivels are FAR better. It's the 21 in my 3/8 rail. I'm so fed up with Matco right now, for the last few years their quality has taken a real nose dive and I have started getting more Snap-On stuff as well as harbor freight. Their impact sockets are really good actually and I have yet to break one after years of hard use.
I tend to buy singles in that fashion so I've got quite a few odd ball snap on items fir that reason.

I refuse to get a credit line because I know that'll happen.. so only sticking with truck accounts I purposely limit myself 🤣
I do the same thing, no credit account for me, he trys hard too, "you don't have to use it but if you run your credit you can have either this shirt, hat, beach towel....." Nice try Chris. :LOL:

Last edited:
I'm so damn jealous, I would love to have something like this, maybe now that I'm finally getting a shop of my own I can.

You're right about that, the Snap-on swivels are FAR better. It's the 21 in my 3/8 rail. I'm so fed up with Matco right now, for the last few years their quality has taken a real nose dive and I have started getting more Snap-On stuff as well as harbor freight. Their impact sockets are really good actually and I have yet to break one after years of hard use.

I do the same thing, no credit account for me, he trys do hard, "you don't have to use it but if you run your credit you can have either this shirt, hat, beach towel....." Nice try Chris. :LOL:

Bro ALL my 1/2 impacts are Pittsburgh. I've used them close to 10 years and have never seen a single failure of any sorts. They transfer just as much power through as any other I've ever used.

I always tell everyone for 1/2 use Pittsburgh black. Spend that extra money on quality 3/8 and 1/4 where more precision actually is needed..

Yeah, I've had 3 snap on dealers and 2 of the 3 were bad about being over the top salesman. This 3rd one is about the furthest thing from it. If you ask a price one something and don't like the price he's honest and tells you other brands he owns and used and believes in that can be bought for a better deal. He was a diesel mechanic up until last year. His laid back sales approach actually gets me to spend more cause I like the guy 🤣
He usually texts a couple times a week to see how things are and if we will need anything. That way if something needs ordered he can have it by our day instead of waiting. He goes the extra mile in those regards. Can't beat that.

My old coworker had a box that had been built over 35 years of being a mechanic. Everything was snap on and he has about everything thats ever been offered. I got to use quiet a bit of his stuff to see if I wanted to spend the extra money or not.
Those impact swivels are no joke. Matco or grey pneumatic can't compare. I break them pretty freakin often.

Well, I did a thing. This is the OG Snap-On scanner those who have never seen it. Dubbed "The brick". Updated all the way to the very last update, 1990. The adapter on the lid is so ai can use obd 1 connectors with my Solus.View attachment 368334

Must be good man I've never seen a matco black socket break, Ever!

I mainly use those in 3/8 on my 1/2 matco impacts. You know those ain't no joke 😂
Also I use a snap on 1/2-3/8 adapter so not much loss there

Must be good man I've never seen a matco black socket break, Ever!

I mainly use those in 3/8 on my 1/2 matco impacts. You know those ain't no joke 😂
Also I use a snap on 1/2-3/8 adapter so not much loss there
I use my half inch gun with the snappy and matco 3/8 and have only broke a couple over the years like that. This 3/8 m18 gun is nuts, It takes off axle nuts and everything like nothing. If it won't get it you can bet you might as well get your big 1/2 ratchet or a breaker bar, 'cause it's fn tight.

I use my half inch gun with the snappy and matco 3/8 and have only broke a couple over the years like that. This 3/8 m18 gun is nuts, It takes off axle nuts and everything like nothing. If it won't get it you can bet you might as well get your big 1/2 ratchet or a breaker bar, 'cause it's fn tight.
Stick A high output 12 ah on there and you'll be amazed, did that to mine and the power was EVEN MORE.

Stick A high output 12 ah on there and you'll be amazed, did that to mine and the power was EVEN MORE.
😂These tools seem to have problems holding up to the 5 ah and me, I'm not gently tbh. If I put a 12 ah on there my tool guys would really say wtf.

Back