Kraton Kraton 6s exb shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agd125

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hello, im bashing my kraton 6s exb rtr two days a week on average. I have nice ramp to jumps and backflips and after 3 weeks this car is totally fine but front shocks and arms looks too low. Is that beacuse i hit hard on ground on front shocks many times? should i change oil inside the shock or its normal?

hello, im bashing my kraton 6s exb rtr two days a week on average. I have nice ramp to jumps and backflips and after 3 weeks this car is totally fine but front shocks and arms looks too low. Is that beacuse i hit hard on ground on front shocks many times? should i change oil inside the shock or its normal?
Springs lose their free end k-constant over time from compression/extension. I'd also recommend ensuring the shock has full dampening and no fluid lost. If you've upgraded to heavier electronics or added alloy, a higher spring preload and/or shock fluid is common practice.

Also check to see if maybe you have a slightly bent shock shaft on one or both shocks. Sometimes that will prevent the shock from completing its stroke fully, thus not giving you the proper height.
May also have a bent hinge pin somewhere on the front arms binding the travel as well.

Hello everyone i have an arrma 6s blx and after a good bashing session i noticed that my rear shocks are hella squeaky and im not sure what can it be so ill be grateful if anyone can help (im new to the hobby) i read somewhere that it could be the hinge pin is that true? Here i have a video so yall can hear what i mean- https://gofile.io/d/wMhBds

If you’re going to be doing a lot of jumping, it wouldn’t hurt to look at stiffer Springs and thicker oil.
If your rig is squeaky, I would spray the whole thing down with some kind of silicone lubricant and see if it goes away or you could blow it apart, clean it lube it and put it back together.

If you’re going to be doing a lot of jumping, it wouldn’t hurt to look at stiffer Springs and thicker oil.
If your rig is squeaky, I would spray the whole thing down with some kind of silicone lubricant and see if it goes away or you could blow it apart, clean it lube it and put it back together.
The squeaking will go away until the next time he drives it.

-edit- at least that has been my experience anyway.

I prefer to blow it apart, clean and inspect everything and put it back together. Most of the time this gets rid of the squeaks that I’ve run across. Spraying it down with silicone lubricant only makes it look good.

Back