Jconcept choppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
https://jconcepts.net/choppers--pre-mounted-large-scale

Seems impossible to find any first hand experience with these tires. I've seen no one on the forums mention them and even on youtube there is literally only 1 guy. I went ahead and ordered them from HH yesterday even though they say backordered with next shipment "march". I would have got them from the source but that 110$ in rewards points from HH was too good.

Hoping they are at least as good as mx43's as those are my fav tires for basically every basher. At least if they suck I only spent like 75 instead of 180 😭 :eek:

Will be interested to see how they do. I've had a lot of JConcepts tires and am usually happy with them. They seem to run a little heavier more often than not. Only set I've been fully disappointed with are the Fling Kings for 6s bashers. Very heavy yet balloon way too much for 6s power. They seemed nice and grippy, but probably only good for mud, sand and very loose dirt, something I don't much access to.

Will be interested to see how they do. I've had a lot of JConcepts tires and am usually happy with them. They seem to run a little heavier more often than not. Only set I've been fully disappointed with are the Fling Kings for 6s bashers. Very heavy yet balloon way too much for 6s power. They seemed nice and grippy, but probably only good for mud, sand and very loose dirt, something I don't much access to.
I only have 1 experience with them and thats the mojave landmines. I bought them to run on a truggified typhon and I ended up cracking like 3 out of the 4 rims on the first bash all in similar spots. I wasn't impressed! it made me hesitant to even order the choppers tbh but I figured I'd give them one more shot.

Seems I've heard of the hexes breaking on the 1/5 wheels too. At least Jconcepts is offering replacement hexes now though, which is actually new. They weren't offering them up until recently.
Also worth noting, these tires will fit PL pro loc and Vitavon beadlock wheels. @GNT1 Has some, along with the BEAUTIFUL Vitavon aluminum wheels.
The tread on the choppers is what I like, even though the Magma's look apocalyptic badass.

I've got a pair of Choppers in the basher stash ready to mount for rears on my 2WD Senton buggy conversion. "Hoping" they will hook up in the grass I normally run on. Lugs look like they will. Have them mounted and running by mid-April or so. I'll post up my thoughts on their performance then.

Seems I've heard of the hexes breaking on the 1/5 wheels too. At least Jconcepts is offering replacement hexes now though, which is actually new. They weren't offering them up until recently.
Also worth noting, these tires will fit PL pro loc and Vitavon beadlock wheels. @GNT1 Has some, along with the BEAUTIFUL Vitavon aluminum wheels.
The tread on the choppers is what I like, even though the Magma's look apocalyptic badass.
I think @GNT1 has the Magmas but I could be wrong. I really wanted to get the magmas as they look so damn mean but they freaking weigh more than trenchers and trenchers are heavy as i don't know what. Where did you hear they fit proline wheels? thats pretty awesome actually.

I've got a pair of Choppers in the basher stash ready to mount for rears on my 2WD Senton buggy conversion. "Hoping" they will hook up in the grass I normally run on. Lugs look like they will. Have them mounted and running by mid-April or so. I'll post up my thoughts on their performance then.
I have the SCT Choppers, ran them on my SCT410. they're great tires. It's the wheels that I'm questionable about. Mine are mounted on Jconcepts Hazard wheels which I like also, but they're a one piece design. I think it's the removable hubs on the 1/5 wheels that have issues breaking.

I think @GNT1 has the Magmas but I could be wrong. I really wanted to get the magmas as they look so damn mean but they freaking weigh more than trenchers and trenchers are heavy as i don't know what. Where did you hear they fit proline wheels? thats pretty awesome actually.
He gots both.. he's rich!!😉😂

Yes, I have both.
Choppers and magmas they are heavy af.Magmas if you want them you'll gotta setup an alert through Jconcepts website. They're always on back order. I used the lightweight vitavon wheels with the magmas. Decided on Choppers for the vitavon aluminum wheels.
20240321_174532.jpg
20240307_111741.jpg
20240307_111755.jpg

Beautiful! How would you compare the choppers to mx43? I'm assuming you've tried em before 😎
The mx43 is capable of handling more power imo. Run those and trenchers on the xmaxx and xrt. Xmaxx has the trenchers.

My pair of Choppers are SCT. They'll get mounted to ARRMA Black Chrome 14mm SCT rims. JConcepts medium glue.

Regarding Trenchers, I've got a set of the belted mounted to Raid wheels. They're even heavier than the standard Trencher. Ran them for a while on my MT10 Rival. IMHO too heavy for a 12mm hex to flip. They're in the basher stash now. Semi-retired.

The mx43 is capable of handling more power imo. Run those and trenchers on the xmaxx and xrt. Xmaxx has the trenchers.
Thats disappointing to hear tbh. Maybe I should have got a 5th set of mx43 instead :eek:

Do they blow up?

Thats disappointing to hear tbh. Maybe I should have got a 5th set of mx43 instead :eek:

Do they blow up?

No they run great.Ive never had a blowout with them. The mx43's seem to be considerably stiffer. You'll enjoy them. Ive never broken a wheel but I have plenty here if you end up needing one.

No they run great.Ive never had a blowout with them. The mx43's seem to be considerably stiffer. You'll enjoy them. Ive never broken a wheel but I have plenty here if you end up needing one.
Hey! Off topic, but can you tell me more about the aluminum wheels?

I don't want to keep shelling out money on broken plastic wheels.

Are the aluminum wheels worth it?

Would you recommend them for an XRT?

Hey! Off topic, but can you tell me more about the aluminum wheels?

I don't want to keep shelling out money on broken plastic wheels.

Are the aluminum wheels worth it?

Would you recommend them for an XRT?
don't do it imo! What happened to you is not something that happens often, at least with other brands. I've seen complaints about xmaxx tires blowing up but I don't think I've seen much about wheels cracking. I just know I've never felt like I needed metal wheels and I've only had a wheel break once.

I stick to arrma 8s and proline tires for the most part. Arrma 8s tires are not plug and play with the XRT which sucks but if you're willing to make them work they're awesome. Proline tires are expensive but for me this is definitely a situation where I pay once cry once. Instead of metal wheels I would get some proline tires, mx57, mashers, mx43 all great tires with mx43's being my favorite but I don't think they're the best choice for stock electronics and thats another reason why metal wheels would be a horrible idea for you too.

Not going to lie, I'm salty I wasted time watching that video. He didn't even mention the weight of the tire which you would think is the whole damn point lol. It's interesting though as only the center of the wheel has metal and the rest is made out of nylon. I don't really see the point of spending all that money when I've never busted an mx43 wheel in my life but the color is cool. Seriously, thats why I own 4 different sets of 4 mx43 tires. I've never had a problem with them and don't have to glue them ever. Literally the best tire ever in my book and I don't think they need to be made any heavier :ROFLMAO:

Not going to lie, I'm salty I wasted time watching that video. He didn't even mention the weight of the tire which you would think is the whole damn point lol. It's interesting though as only the center of the wheel has metal and the rest is made out of nylon. I don't really see the point of spending all that money when I've never busted an mx43 wheel in my life but the color is cool. Seriously, thats why I own 4 different sets of 4 mx43 tires. I've never had a problem with them and don't have to glue them ever. Literally the best tire ever in my book and I don't think they need to be made any heavier :ROFLMAO:
HaHa!! TBH, I didn't even watch the vid, I just searched for Vitavon lightweight wheels..
From what I've seen, the Vitavon Lightweight wheels do use aluminum beadlock rings, no? That would be the only real benefit I could see for these.
As to the channel content, he builds some bitchin stuff, but the actual running footage is kinda lame. Makes me wonder why spend so much on un-needed upgrades. His coin, not mine. 🤷‍♂️ ✌️

HaHa!! TBH, I didn't even watch the vid, I just searched for Vitavon lightweight wheels..
From what I've seen, the Vitavon Lightweight wheels do use aluminum beadlock rings, no? That would be the only real benefit I could see for these.
As to the channel content, he builds some bitchin stuff, but the actual running footage is kinda lame. Makes me wonder why spend so much on un-needed upgrades. His coin, not mine. 🤷‍♂️ ✌️

I totally forgot about the ring and you're right it is alu. Now whether or not you need the ring to be alu is another matter haha. I'm sure they're nice but definitely not something I'd spend money on. I'm even using mx43's on 12s rigs as it is with zero problems. I'm actually subscribed to jason believe it or not but that video was stupid. He didn't even record himself installing the tire to the rim nor did he mention white or even run the truck. :ROFLMAO:

Back