Gorgon Gorgon vs. Vorteks 4x2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eXo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
My 5-year-old has recently wrecked his Wltoys and I am considering to buy something from Arrma for increased durability, improved spare-parts availability and better screws quality.

I am torn between the Gorgon and the Vorteks 4x2 and need help deciding: For some reason my heart is in favour of the Gorgon, but my mind tells me to get the Vorteks: They are almost exactly the same price and I have a Hobbywing 3650 motor and ESC lying around that would probably fit both. I already own a BigRock myself.

Arguments for the Vorteks:
- can share some spare parts with the BigRock
- can be upgraded to 4WD

Arguments for the Gorgon:
- I like the monster truck design

What are your thoughts? What would you buy?

Thanks
Michael

My 5-year-old has recently wrecked his Wltoys and I am considering to buy something from Arrma for increased durability, improved spare-parts availability and better screws quality.

I am torn between the Gorgon and the Vorteks 4x2 and need help deciding: For some reason my heart is in favour of the Gorgon, but my mind tells me to get the Vorteks: They are almost exactly the same price and I have a Hobbywing 3650 motor and ESC lying around that would probably fit both. I already own a BigRock myself.

Arguments for the Vorteks:
- can share some spare parts with the BigRock
- can be upgraded to 4WD

Arguments for the Gorgon:
- I like the monster truck design

What are your thoughts? What would you buy?

Thanks
Michael

You can Always get a monster truck body to add to Vortek.

Show videos of both to your kid and let them decide!
I followed your advice and ordered the Vorteks. He liked it better because it has a rear wing - I never thought this would be the main criteria. 😂

I followed your advice and ordered the Vorteks. He liked it better because it has a rear wing - I never thought this would be the main criteria. 😂

Have you only got the one child or younger?
If this surprises you, your in for an amazing ride my friend. Kids are crazy little people. I've got 4 (ages 1 3 9 and 11) and I spend many days wondering what on earth goes on in thier heads. It never fails to amuse me. Tell the wife all the time if we recorded just a bit of thier crazy and posted it on YouTube we could be rich.

Love seeing rc done as a family! He will love the vorteks 😁

Have you only got the one child or younger?
I also have an 8-year-old daughter. She also as a small Wltoys truggy (which I converted to brushless). She sometimes joins my 5-year-old son and myself when we drive, but she is not as keen on it as the smaller one. He is also more skilled with the controls, but a lot less careful. 😂

It’s good family fun. We actually infected three of the neighbours with the RC-virus as well. As soon as someone takes their car out, others tend to join in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back