Kraton Yet another newcomer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey all

I figured it was time to quit lurking and registered since I finally pulled the trigger on a new Kraton V2. It's taken me a while to get here but hopefully the Kraton will prove to be all it seems to be.

I started a while back with a Traxxas Stampede 2wd brushed truck as my first step back into the hobby after close to 30 years of absence. I was stunned at how far things had come since the days of my 9.6v Nikko toys that I had as a child.

Within 5 minutes of my first run on the stampede, my 5 year old wanted a turn and I never really regained possession of the transmitter after that.

So, I bought a slash 2wd brushless and enjoyed the heck out of it. Then I wanted something bigger...faster...so, I grabbed an E-Revo and really started grinning. Then, things started breaking...and breaking...and breaking...and, well, you know...Still, the thing could tackle anything I ever threw at it.

So, I went on the quest for something tougher and came across the XXL2E. I grabbed one cheap enough that the price to test wasn't a factor. On my first 3 runs - with 4S only - I broke something each time. I wasn't really hard on it - didn't crash it - it just broke. Last night, took out it to play with it, get the steering trim set, and just mess around the backyard. I was shocked when the rear diff failed.

That was it, I went inside, called my 2 local shops to see if they had a kraton in stock but I was out of luck. So, off to ol' interwebs I went, added a green one to my cart, and hit submit.

I'm definitely looking forward to something that says it's 6S capable and actually is. I'm also looking forward to getting rid of the stupid standard hex drivers that the XXL2e used.

Anyways, that's my story. Time to go dig through the forums to see what upgrades I'll buy

Welcome back and congrats on the new purchase! Oh man your going to have a blast with the Kraton. It handles 6s like a dream but there is always room for improvement lol. Like the servo, servo mount, or shimming the diffs, etc. Hope you enjoy it!

Welcome back and congrats on the new purchase! Oh man your going to have a blast with the Kraton. It handles 6s like a dream but there is always room for improvement lol. Like the servo, servo mount, or shimming the diffs, etc. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks!! As much as I enjoyed the sheer enormity of the XXL2E, it seemed to be a bit too large for where I/we bash the most. The Revo on the other hand - while not that much smaller - "fit" better. I also enjoyed the handling of the Revo vs the sloppiness of the XXL2e. From everything I've seen, the Kraton seems to be a tremendous option that blends my favorite features of my last 2 cars and hopefully adds the reliability I am looking for

And chassis braces are already being shopped along with some new fluid for the F/C/R diffs

You gonna love it @L3 RC. Like jk420 says, a few minor upgrades and it's nearly bulletproof. You found the best forum to join, these guys will answer any questions you may have. First thing I recommend is getting backflip tires and building a stronger servo mount. You can buy one or build your own. Good luck and happy bashing.

Get Tekno 90mm springs, green rear, orange front. Replace the stock servo and upgrade the mount. HR center diff cup with 100k oil, hardened pinion, RPM front bumper, and I suggest a carbon fiber rear tower. With those few mods it will eat 6s for breakfast and bash circles around the Revo. Down the road you'll want a set of rubber sealed bearings, and suggest the Backflip tires.

Excellent! I've actually got a full set of mt410 shocks that will be going on there and the rpm bumper + rear skid plate sitting in my office.

Gonna play with it a bit before I start opening up the diffs but I have a set of shims and pins waiting already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back