Which RC should I install HobbyWing Max8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok, So I have a used Kraton with the BLX185, a new Outcast with BLX185 and a used Senton with the dreaded BLX180 in it. I picked up the Senton knowing right away that I was going to replace the motor and esc.

Here is my current conundrum, I just ordered a HobbyWing Max8 combo. Now, do I replace the BLX180 in the Senton with the Max8 or do I put it in one of the bigger trucks and move the now spare BLX185 to the Senton?

Decisions decisions. Wish I had the spare cash to grab 2 more Max8's LOL.

@WoodiE I understand 100% what I have in all 3 of the Arrma's. But seeing as the Max 8 is the BLX 185's bigger brother (really it is an opened up BLX200) has me thinking why don't I just put it in one of the 1/8 scale trucks and move the free'd up BLX185 in the Senton (replacing the crappy BLX180 system)

@Basher - I'm with you. Go Max 8 in the biggest rig(Kraton) and move the BLX185 to the Senton. I run Max8 ESC in my Kraton with Leopard motor and it rocks. I also have v2 Senton with the stock BLX185 system - that thing is a ripper and I have no motivation to change it out.

Send that BLX180 in - you'll get a BLX185 back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back