Which Arrma should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraZytoM21017

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
hey I'm looking to purchase a new Arrma vehicle but I don't know what to get. The vehicles I'm looking at are
Kraton
Nero and
Fazon

Not sure exactly what he major differences are but would like opinions. Thanks a lot.

Tell us a little more about where you are going to run it and what your experience with RC is. These are really different trucks, made for different driving conditions, so it depends on what you plan to do with it.

I have a Kraton, Outcast, and I have a Nero that I just received so I only have about 15 minutes of run time on the Nero. I run on grass, I have a couple acres, and farm field mainly, very rarely on concrete or asphalt. Based on that experience I would say;

* Kraton - if you want to Jump and go ridiculously fast on uneven grass, dirt, farm fields this is it. No comparison to jumping this to the heavier Nero/ Fazon.

* Nero/ Fazon - (Nero and Fazon are the same basic car, just some small tweaks) Lots of fun on grass/ dirt. Donuts and rooster tails galore and really a fun truck to drive, the weight seems to allow it to flow over uneven surfaces better than the Kraton. If you are driving on flat areas this seems ridiculously fun, it grabs when it needs to but it will spin in a full circle at will when its in the right mode. The ability to switch modes is something that I bought it for, with only 15 minutes of drive time I can say that each mode definitely makes the truck different.

Ok I get it. I will be driving this thing on all sorts of terrain. Everything from road pavement to grassy fields to corn fields. Also on dirt and hills. So variety of terrain is what I will be using it on. I've also looked into Traxxas Erevo or Xmaxx but not impressed with all plastic cheapness anymore.

Between Nero and fazon is fazon worth the next 50 bucks. I think it's nicest vehicle to date

Leaning towards the Fazon honestly. I found fazon with 2 batteries and produal charger for 829. Good deal??

I have a Big Rock and I love it. I have never had or driven a Krayton, but it seems to be one the most preferred bashing vehicles out there, check out YouTube you will find tons on it.

As for the $50 price difference, I would say check out TowerHobbies before you buy anything, they always have some really good coupons when you are spending over $100 and it's not to hard to get free shipping either.

Specifically on the Nero v Fazon based on the terrain you said you will be running on, I might lean towards suggesting the Nero or Big Rock. Only because the Fazon come stock setup more as a street vehicle. In person I have not actually seen one sitting right next to a Nero, but the pictures of them make it look like it might be a bit lower. Same chassis and suspension parts, but a different tune setup. The Fazon tires have more of street tread to them, while the Nero tires are more of an off road tread as are the Big Rock tires. If you do go with the Nero or Big Rock and will be running on concrete or asphalt you will definitely want to get and install the wheelie bar. It only come stock on the Fazon.

Kraton...HANDS DOWN.

Not that both of the other cars aren't awesome RCs. The Nero and Fazon both have more stuff going on, and are harder to work on.

The Kraton Design is about as simple as it gets. It is as tough as it gets from a bashing stand point. Weighing less than the other 2 it not only jumps higher, but lands a bit lighter as well. All 3 of them will break, all 3 of them will need repairs, and all 3 of them are fun. For the cost savings and simplicity, the Kraton is the best bang for you buck.

Kraton

Best bang for buck.

I notice these threads get heated sometimes. This is just my opinion.

Certainly no heat here. I'm just trying to emphasize the ease of ownership. Easy to drive, easy to fix, lots of mods can be done, and costs less. If you are going to bash watch the youtube videos by Tp-Parts Rc-Xtreme He has almost all if not all of the Arrma Cars. His best videos are the Kraton and Outcast, which are basically the same car. The Outcast has a shorter wheel base than the Kraton. Thomas P made a shortwheel base Kraton before there was an Outcast. My guess is that Arrma took a page out of Thomas's playbook on that one.

Cool I just pulled trigger on Nero which got good deal on. Paid just about 500 for it online. Expecting shipment tomorrow.

Oh I'm sure. And my first RC 6s brushless car I will have owned since I been out of the RC scene for many years. Getting old lol

Get yourself a nice set of HEX drivers MIP and Dynamite both make good Hexes, with sure hard steel, and super sharp edges. I was able to break screws loose that I though I had stripped. Also, taking apart a differential with the stock L shaped hexes is brutal on the hands.

Nice I'll definitely invest in some tools. What batteries do you guys recommend. I'm gonna purchase some onyx 5400 mah batteries. And maybe good set from maxamps

I have yet to read anything good about onyx batteries with the exception that they replace all the bad batteries they sell, which is basically all of them. Lol

I run smcracing.com batteries, they seem to be a good value and I also use floureon batteries from Amazon, those aren't bad either. Lots of people on here like the power hobby batteries however I have yet to try them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back